Targa is currently seeking a Crude Pipeline Maintenance Technician for their facility located in Watford City, ND.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
Responsible for installation, diagnosis and troubleshooting, repair, preventive maintenance, and overall proper function of all types of mechanical equipment such as engines, electric motors, pumps, valves, pressure relief devices, and other specialty items. Also responsible for other facility components and related equipment typically associated with a crude oil operations facility and the field units.
QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS): Education & License
- Associate degree in mechanical technology or equivalent experience maintaining mechanical equipment and facility components typically utilized in crude oil operations.
- Minimum 1 year maintenance and/or operation experience in a crude oil facility.
- Proven ability to install new and replacement equipment listed above as required to maintain and optimize plant and field operations.
- Experience using analytical instruments and tools to diagnose and troubleshoot malfunctions of equipment listed above.
- Experience using precision tools such as micrometers, torque wrenches, and alignment devices.
- Ability to maintain maintenance records using the CMMS tool Maximo
- Ability to perform additional site-specific job requirements.
- 3+ year's maintenance and/or operation experience in a crude operations facility..
- Experience maintaining fans, airc ompressors, or pumps, replacing packing, and alignment.
- Must have proficient computer skills
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, holidays, with the ability to respond to call outs as needed to fulfill business objective and the ability to work shifts for plant or field conditions
- Ability to frequently throughout the work shift, push, pull and lift at least a minimum of 50lbs to a minimum height of 3-4 feet and maneuver equipment or parts as needed
- Ability to work outdoors in changing climate conditions
- Able to work in close quarters: i.e., work while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing, and standing
- Ability to climb up and down ladders, stairs and platforms at varying heights
- Follow and adhere to all applicable Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) guidelines (ex: eye protection, footwear, Nomex)
- We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing
- This role is subject to drug and alcohol testing, per applicable federal regulations or as required by Targa policy
- Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time
- This description reflects management's assignment of essential job functions, it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned
- This job description is subject to change at any time