Sulphur, Louisiana, United States
Sulphur, Louisiana, United States
Skills: Process Management, Asset Integrity Engineer, Pipe Inspection / NDT
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Sulphur, Louisiana, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Position Summary...This position is directly involved in the operation of pipelines and facilities in the transportation and movement of Natural Gas and Liquid NGL Products. The DOT Coordinator must balance a high level of surveillance on multiple pipeline systems with in-depth analysis of site-specific real-time data in order to maintain the integrity of the pipeline system(s). The DOT Coordinator will be expected to assist in mitigating developing threats and ongoing events through close contact with the operational conditions of the pipelines and communication with field support personnel. The DOT Coordinator will assist in the Public Awareness programs, maintain schedule of public awareness meetings, and attend public awareness meetings. The DOT Coordinator will monitor the daily One-Call and locate systems associated with TARGA's Pipelines. The majority of these Pipelines are PHMSA Jurisdictional pipelines. This position requires a minimum of 40 hours per week and is subjected to call-outs.
• Support the training of technicians, related to DOT qualifications pertaining to Pipeline locates and one-calls
• Recognize danger signals associated with locates and one-calls and provide field personnel with accurate pipeline location information
• Process One Call Tickets according to the TARGA one Call Procedures
• Provides One Call ticket management services to field Pipeline Technicians
• Manages aerial patrol reporting, tracking and response requirements
• Process State One Call invoices for payment
• Manage inquiring phone calls related to excavation, construction, report information to appropriate supervisors or responders
• Comply with all applicable safety and environmental regulations, local policies and procedures
• Interface with support personnel, Managers, Supervisors, Technicians, Compliance Partners
• Support Targa's Public Awareness Programs
• Attend all safety meeting and safety training as required by company
• Provide various assistance to Managers, Supervisors, Technicians as required, may be related to HR, Payroll, SCM, ESH, Emergency Response
• Maintain the Emergency Phone Lists
• Maintain the Emergency Response Plans
• Assist with Pipeline Audits
• Provide documentation control for all pipeline related information
Minimum Essential Qualifications
• Minimum of 1-3 year(s) of related work experience.
• Minimum High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Possess and maintain a valid driver's license to include a safe driving record satisfactory to the company.
• Interpersonal communication skills are required in order to interface with all affected teams, personnel, and the public.
• Strong work ethic with demonstrated ability to effectively work with minimum supervision
• Solid computer skills to include Microsoft Office Software
• Ability to work overtime, weekends, holidays, with the ability to respond to call outs as needed to fulfill business objective and the ability to work shifts for plant or field conditions.
• Ability to lift, push, and pull at least a minimum of 50lbs.
• Ability to work in changing climate conditions.
• Able to work in close quarters: i.e., work while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing, and standing.
• Follow and adhere to all applicable Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) guidelines (ex: eye protection, footwear, Nomex).
• Regular and Reliable Attendance
• Knowledge of API RP 1162 Public Awareness Guidelines
• Knowledge of 49 CFR Parts 192 & 195
• Knowledge of Microsoft Products
• Knowledge of GIS and GIS Systems
• Knowledge of Google Earth
• Knowledge of Core-Web Products
• Knowledge of State & Contract One-Call Systems...Miss. LA. TX. NM. OK.
• Knowledge of Pipeline Operations
• Knowledge of Pipeline Emergency Procedures
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.