Targa Resources is a growth-oriented provider of midstream services and is one of the largest independent midstream energy companies in North America, with assets in Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, North Dakota, Louisiana, California, Washington and Maryland. Targa owns, operates, acquires, and develops a diversified portfolio of complementary midstream energy assets. We encourage your interest in joining our team and pursuing the many opportunities we have at Targa.
Targa is currently seeking a Business Analyst for their Corporate office located in Houston, TX. Job Responsibilities:
The Business Analyst supports the Commercial Vice President and his reports. Support consists of maintaining revenue and production models for the areas of responsibility. Wellhead production estimates, liquid product and gas values, pricing and operating data are input to the revenue models for monthly margin forecasting of the Flash report. The same models are used during the annual budget cycle and the Analyst prepares budget templates and summaries for management review & approval.
The Business Analyst will also be responsible for building Internal Rate of Return/NPV models based on unique scenarios for each project, which will be used for quantifying capital expansion projects for submittal to Executive Management for approval. Additionally the Analyst will be responsible for determining the processing spread and various operational analyses in different economic environments as it relates to the Business Unit.
Primary Duties Include:
Minimum Essential Qualifications:
- Maintain revenue (Flash) models for the business unit. Wellhead production estimates, product and gas values and operating data are gathered from various in house sources, validated and entered in a time sensitive manner.
- Update monthly capital, operational and maintenance expenditures as part of the Flash.
- Maintain monthly production forecast model as input to revenue models and ad hoc analysis. Interpretation and analysis of historical production, production decline curves and producer data are required.
- Use Flash models as a template to prepare one year and five year projections for the annual budget submission.
- Communicate with field personnel and Engineering groups to update monthly capital and operating expenditures as a part of the Flash and annual budget process.
- Work with Corporate and Business Planning groups to keep their models up to date.
- Develop and maintain economic analysis models to support new projects as well as individual AFE approvals.
- Work directly with the team members on various issues of forecasting, accounting reconciliation, discrepancies and other analytical work.
- 2+ years of industry related experience in the gas gathering, processing, and/or gas modeling/analysis field required; 5+ years strongly preferred.
- Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Business Administration degree in Finance, Accounting or Engineering or related field.
- Advanced spreadsheet skills (MS Excel) & intermediate level skills in other Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to work on multiple, concurrent tasks with tight schedules.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- General knowledge of gas gathering, processing operations, and crude oil.
- Analytical skills appropriate for economic model development and interpretation.
- Travel may be required occasionally, typically consisting of one to three day trips.
Targa offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package.
To apply please go to http://www.targaresources.com/careers/careers-overview
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.