Company: Targa Resources Inc
Experience: 6 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Targa Resources is a growth-oriented provider of midstream services and is one of the largest independent midstream energy companies in North America, with assets in Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, North Dakota, Louisiana, and California. Targa owns, operates, acquires, and develops a diversified portfolio of complementary midstream energy assets. We encourage your interest in joining our team and pursuing the many opportunities we have at Targa.
Targa is currently seeking an Upstream Accounting Supervisor for our office located in Tulsa, OK.
• Supervise accounting staff of approximately 5 - 7 accounting professionals responsible for numerous gas processing plants and several gathering systems/pipelines.
• Supervise the plant accounting process, maintain the general ledger, coordinate daily accounting activities, perform month and quarter end analysis and reporting.
• Analyze department performance and identify opportunities to effectively implement process driven change/improvement.
• Provide leadership and direction in managing the integrity of financial information and effectively working with commercial and other functional groups personnel, as necessary, to accomplish company, business unit and/or department goals/objectives.
• Directly participate in the development and coaching of department employees to ensure the accomplishment of organization, team and individual objectives.
• Review and update Sarbanes Oxley documentation and coordinate the performance of SOX testing, as required.
• Actively lead and participate in special projects as requested.
Minimum Essential Qualifications:
• BA or BS in Accounting or Finance
• A minimum of 6 to 10 years experience in an energy related field, preferably gas processing
• Supervisory Experience should be more than 3 years.
• Familiar with Waterfield/TIPS/Excel/Access or equivalent Settlement System
• General ledger background, able to review, analyze and resolve G/L outstanding balances, must be proficient in Excel and Word
• Strong analytical, problem solving and writing skills
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments
• Good interpersonal and communication skills within all levels of the organization
• Adapt effectively to new and changing environment
• Ability and willingness to work overtime as necessary during close and billing cycles. Travel, as needed, between Tulsa, OK and Houston, TX
• Knowledge of midstream energy operations, operating agreements and gas processing/purchase contracts
• Familiar with PeopleSoft financial system and Waterfield/TIPS settlement system
• Strong communication skills
• Demonstrate an ability to work in a team oriented, changing environment
Targa offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package.
Targa Resources is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.