Pecos, Texas, United States
Pecos, Texas, United States
Skills: Refinery / Plant Operations Supervisor
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Pecos, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Targa Resources is a growth-oriented provider of midstream services and is one of the largest independent midstream energy companies in North America, with assets in Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, North Dakota, Louisiana, California, Washington and Maryland. Targa owns, operates, acquires, and develops a diversified portfolio of complementary midstream energy assets. We encourage your interest in joining our team and pursuing the many opportunities we have at Targa.
Targa is currently seeking a Plant Supervisor for their new facility.
- Monitor, supervise and develop Plant Operation Techs and Plant Maintenance techs.
- Oversee all aspects of plant operations at Hopson Plant
- Oversee plant efficiencies
- Ensure PSM and RMP standards are properly maintained and employees are involved in programs
- Oversee all troubleshooting needs that arise
- Comply with all commercial and regulatory requirements
- Comply with all safety and environmental laws and regulations
- Budget, monitor, and control operating expenses
- Develop and manage operational projects
- Maintain good working relationship with customers and suppliers
- Work closely with corporate personnel including engineering, corporate measurement, property accounting, and distribution
Minimum Essential Qualifications
- Minimum of 5 years of related work experience.
- Minimum High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Possess and maintain a valid driver's license to include a safe driving record satisfactory to the company.
- Knowledge and understanding of cryo plant and compression
- Fundamental knowledge of company safety, labor, and personnel procedures and guidelines
- The ability to understand meter schematics, pipeline flow characteristics, and to have a fundamental knowledge of gas plant operations
- The ability to diagnose and analyze problems and determine the appropriate course of action for the particular circumstance
- Supervisory experience in the daily activities of plant operations is preferred
- Commitment to ES&H compliance
- Fundamental understanding of gas plant operations
- Fundamental understanding of measurement practices
- Ability to lift, push, and pull at least a minimum of 50lbs.
- Ability to work in changing climate conditions.
- Able to work in close quarters: i.e., work while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing, and standing.
- Follow and adhere to all applicable Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) guidelines (ex: eye protection, footwear, Nomex).
- Regular and Reliable Attendance
- Recognize and react to problems before small problems become major problems
- Able to properly prioritize work
- Realize the importance of customer relationships and responding to their needs appropriately
- Understand cost control and budgets
- Effectively plan, coach, review and give feedback to employees about performance and developmental needs
- Able to clearly communicate with outside groups, such as customers, suppliers, contractors, and vendors
- Able to deal with different personalities
- Accepts accountability for all aspects of job performance
- Works effectively and cooperatively with others
- Values experiences and contributions of others
- 2-5 years of supervisor experience
Targa offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package. Targa Resources is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply please go to http://www.targaresources.com/careers/careers-overview
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
This position is subject to federally mandated drug/alcohol testing.