Company: Targa Resources Inc
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Targa Resources is a growth-oriented provider of midstream services and is one of the largest independent midstream energy companies in North America, with assets in Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, North Dakota, Louisiana, California, Washington and Maryland. Targa owns, operates, acquires, and develops a diversified portfolio of complementary midstream energy assets. We encourage your interest in joining our team and pursuing the many opportunities we have at Targa.
Targa Resources is seeking a Senior Counsel to be located in Tulsa, Oklahoma. This position provides legal advice for all commercial aspects of the natural gas midstream business, including the purchase, processing and sale of natural gas/natural gas liquids. The Senior Counsel will provide primary legal support for the commercial and operations teams as well as providing support to business activities involving project development, mergers and acquisitions and project finance.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
• A Bachelor's degree and J.D. degree. Must be licensed to practice law in Oklahoma
• Strong academic credentials
• Five (5) to ten (10) y ears of transactional experience with a top law firm and/or in-house legal within the energy sector in one or more of the following areas:
• mergers, acquisitions and divestitures, including due diligence activities
• real estate transactions, including negotiation and drafting of pipeline easements and conveyance documents
• various aspects of the natural gas/natural gas liquids midstream business
• negotiating and drafting natural gas processing and purchase agreements
• construction contracts and master service agreements
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong business acumen coupled with exceptional analytical skills, including legal analysis, drafting and negotiation
• Ability to effectively provide legal advice to all levels within the organization, including senior management
• Possess strong interpersonal skills and the ability to develop and sustain relationships with clients at all levels
• Ability to work in a dynamic legal environment and respond quickly to commercial demands
• Ability to think critically, solve problems independently and exercise excellent judgment and common sense
• Highly organized and detail-oriented
• Well-grounded, preferring to work in a collaborative and team environment
Targa offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package.
Targa Resources is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply please go to http://www.targaresources.com/careers/careers-overview
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.