Company: Targa Resources Inc
Skills: IT - Analysis & Management, IT - Networking & Telecom, Electrical Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Targa Resources is a growth-oriented provider of midstream services and is one of the largest independent midstream energy companies in North America, with assets in Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, North Dakota, Louisiana, California, Washington and Maryland. Targa owns, operates, acquires, and develops a diversified portfolio of complementary midstream energy assets. We encourage your interest in joining our team and pursuing the many opportunities we have at Targa.
Targa is currently seeking an Senior Analyst, Network Operations for our office located in Tulsa, OK.
Job Duties / Responsibilities
• Support and provide O&M for the NOC SolarWinds environment.
• Subject Matter Expert on SolarWinds NPM, SAM, and NCM, and growing and maintaining the SolarWinds application infrastructure.
• Work with the Network/Systems/Applications teams and SolarWinds Support to troubleshoot and understand system faults and application performance issues.
• Develop, support and manage complex Alerts, Reports, and Views.
• Create/maintain documentation for monitoring requirements, processes, implementation.
• Interface with appropriate personnel to ensure proper escalation during outages or periods of degraded system performance.
• Provide quality assurance review and the evaluation of new and existing software products.
• Review functional and design specifications to ensure full understanding of individual deliverables.
• Assist and support tactical communications component testing efforts.
• Assist, support and collaborate with peers to develop usable and functional training materials.
• Identify any potential quality issues per defined process and escalate potential quality issues immediately to management
• Ensure that validated deliverables meet functional and design specifications and requirements.
• Establish test plans and determine appropriate test criteria and procedures.
• Provide technical support to engineers on a variety of technical tasks
• Lead job assignments without direct supervision.
• Evaluate technical specifications for business requirements.
• Work closely with management to prioritize business goals and information needs.
• Mentor and share expertise with junior members of the Network team.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Essential Qualifications
• Bachelor Degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related degrees or related years of experience.
• Minimum of 5 years' experience maintaining local and wide area network infrastructure.
• Minimum of 5 years of SolarWinds monitoring, deployment, installation, and configuration experience
• SolarWinds Certified Professional preferred
• Strong understanding of information security concepts and best practices for network equipment.
• Ability to conceptualize and assimilate data and present proposals in a clear and concise manner.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments.
• Ability to ask clarifying/probing questions of business customers.
• Ability to adapt effectively to new and changing environments.
• Eligible to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
• Prior work experience - fulltime, part-time, internships in an IT related field.
• Ability and willingness to travel to remote company field locations and lift up to 50 pounds.
• Driven, self-starter with can-do attitude who constantly works to provide great service.
Targa offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package.
Targa Resources is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply please go to http://www.targaresources.com/careers/careers-overview
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.