Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
Skills: IT - Networking & Telecom
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Targa Resources is a growth-oriented provider of midstream services and is one of the largest independent midstream energy companies in North America, with assets in Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, North Dakota, Louisiana, California, Washington and Maryland. Targa owns, operates, acquires, and develops a diversified portfolio of complementary midstream energy assets. We encourage your interest in joining our team and pursuing the many opportunities we have at Targa.
Targa is currently seeking an Analyst, Network Operations for our office located in Tulsa, OK.
• Implementation and design of local and wide area network infrastructure and application components.
• Maintain a robust, detailed understanding of routing protocols, network security best practices and standards.
• Interface with, lead, and direct telecom vendors as needed to complete network related tasks and projects as required.
• Provide real-time network system support to internal and if needed external customers.
• Lead job assignments without direct supervision.
• Evaluate technical specifications for business requirements.
• Develop and implement efficient and cost-effective solutions.
• Serve as a liaison between the business and technical support staff when and as needed.
• Cultivate good working relationships with the business.
• Work closely with management to prioritize business goals and information needs.
• Mentor and share expertise with junior members of the Network team.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Essential Qualifications
• Bachelor Degree in Management Information Systems or related degrees or related years of experience.
• Minimum of 5 years' experience maintaining local and wide area network infrastructure.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills as well as strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Solid understanding of OSI model and related concepts.
• Robust understanding of common network routing and switching protocols.
• Ability to be on rotating 24x7 on-call rotation.
• Ability to conceptualize and assimilate data and present proposals in a clear and concise manner.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments.
• Ability to ask clarifying/probing questions of business customers.
• Ability to adapt effectively to new and changing environments.
• Eligible to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
• Prior work experience - fulltime, part-time, internships in an IT related field.
• Ability and willingness to travel to remote company field locations and lift up to 50 pounds.
• Driven, self-starter with can-do attitude who constantly works to provide great service.
Targa offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package.
Targa Resources is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply please go to http://www.targaresources.com/careers/careers-overview
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.