Company: Targa Resources Inc
Skills: HR - General, HR - Recruitment, IT - Analysis & Management
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Targa Resources is a growth-oriented provider of midstream services and is one of the largest independent midstream energy companies in North America, with assets in Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, North Dakota, Louisiana, California, Washington and Maryland. Targa owns, operates, acquires, and develops a diversified portfolio of complementary midstream energy assets. We encourage your interest in joining our team and pursuing the many opportunities we have at Targa.
Targa is currently seeking a Senior Data Analyst for our office located in Houston, Texas.
The Senior Data Reporting Analyst will provide analytic support to the HR function and to Targa management. Responsibilities will include extracting, modeling, analyzing and reporting on human resource data; integrating HR analytics into HR related decision-making and workforce planning, packaging information for regular updates to internal stakeholders to drive efficiency and effectiveness of HR organizational decisions.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
• Design key metrics, standardized reports and workforce planning tools to aid in decisions and planning for HR and business leaders, including metrics that support HR dashboards, scorecards and workforce planning models and analysis
• Design and produce HR analytics, reporting and analytical tools for HR and business leaders
• Analyze data for trends and prepare well-written, concise summaries related to key findings
• Proactively suggest applicable metrics or calculations
• Identify resources related to compliance and HR industry benchmarks and include agreed upon resources in data analysis and measurement
• Contribute to HR projects, which includes implementation of reporting tools and capabilities within HR systems, enhancement of existing systems, automation of manual processes and management of project and HR budgets
• Contribute ideas and suggestions to discussions on future strategy, evaluation of existing systems and/or other products as necessary and make recommendations
• Analyze budget data, budget requests, interpret and apply budget guidelines, develop and maintain/update budget models
• Assist with monthly budget updates as well as monthly reforecasts
• Respond to ad hoc reporting requirements with regard to time and ensure prompt delivery taking advice/guidance from HR management and Business management where appropriate
• Provide guidance and indirect supervision as needed to the Non-Exempt HR Reporting Coordinator
• Maintain confidentiality of data and departmental security at all times
• Regular and reliable attendance is required
• Other duties as may become necessary for the benefit of the Company or the HR department
QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS):
Education & License:
• Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Finance, Accounting, Business, Human Resources or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Advanced degree in Business, Finance, or related discipline preferred
• Must have a minimum of three (3) years of analytical experience
• Knowledge of human resources principles including maintenance, record and reporting requirements; document management methodologies and procedures, and advanced Microsoft Suite (especially spreadsheet and database applications) is required
• Advanced computer skills: Business Intelligence Software (Oracle BI) Microsoft Suite including Macros, PowerPoint, Power Pivot tables, dynamic graphs, VLOOKUP, and Access
• Strong analytical acumen in statistics and evaluation of data
• Exceptional written, oral and interpersonal communication skills. Excellent skills at all levels of an organization and with individuals and groups from different disciplines
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills; resourceful and innovative
• Organized and capable of executing multiple assignments on a timely basis with a high degree of accuracy on short notice
• Self-directed, highly flexible, adapts to a rapidly changing environment and able to excel with limited direction or supervision
• Strong leadership and administrative abilities
• Ability to handle confidential information with great sensitivity
• Accomplished public speaker, able to create and deliver data and analytical presentations in business terms
• Proficient project management skills with ability to manage complex projects and to establish and achieve aggressive project objectives
• Ability to deal with ambiguity in a frequently changing work environment
• Job is performed in a typical office environment, but is subject to time pressures and constraints, and is often dependent on input from others
• Occasionally, work may be performed from home, after normal work hours or on weekends
• Periodically travel as business requires
• Subject to drug and alcohol testing, per applicable federal regulations or as required by Targa Resources
• May provide indirect guidance and supervision to the Non- Exempt HR Reporting Coordinator
• Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time
• This description reflects management's assignment of essential job functions, it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned
• This job description is subject to change at any time
Targa offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package.
Targa Resources is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply please go to http://www.targaresources.com/careers/careers-overview
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.