Company: Targa Resources Inc
Skills: HR - General
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Targa Resources is a growth-oriented provider of midstream services and is one of the largest independent midstream energy companies in North America, with assets in Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, North Dakota, Louisiana, and California. Targa owns, operates, acquires, and develops a diversified portfolio of complementary midstream energy assets. We encourage your interest in joining our team and pursuing the many opportunities we have at Targa.
We are currently seeking a HR Coordinator for our corporate office located in Houston, Texas.
The Human Resources Coordinator reports directly to the Director Human Resources and provides day-to-day support, compliance and accuracy in the following areas: administration of hiring, onboarding and employee data management. The coordinator role has primary accountability for the administration activities involved with the full employment life cycle.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
• Perform the administrative aspects of pre-employment process and onboarding activities (including candidate/new employee communication, scheduling, testing and on-boarding).
• When applicable, coordinate with employees on relocation assistance to ensure a smooth transition.
• Report/ provide timely notifications of new hires to internal teams, including IT, office support and management.
• Send approved communication to new hires regarding start date and first day reminders.
• Process new hire paperwork and onboarding of candidates.
• Verify accuracy of employee and/or new hire data for payroll department.
• Plan, schedule and conduct new hire orientation.
• Generates transaction forms regarding personnel changes including hiring, pay changes, promotions, transfers, retirements and terminations.
• Maintain daily updates to company organizational charts.
• Provide attention to detail, and dedication to work to ensure reliability of the work site as well as high quality product.
• Maintain system records and compile reports from HR systems or spreadsheets as requested.
• Consistently maintain and comply with department processes and procedures that support the hiring & employment functions.
• Accurately prepare and maintain employee data (Employee Actions Forms, personnel files, I'9s) timely.
• Utilize and maintain TALEO and other legacy system applications or reporting tools.
• As applicable, work as part of the project team for HRIS system upgrades, the development of new modules and site implementations and assist in testing systems functionality.
• Review department expenses for appropriate coding, documentation and approval prior to payment.
• Ensure effective and timely communication with the business areas, department peers, department direct and indirect management.
• Regularly purchase and submit expense and Procurement Card reports for Houston administrative supplies.
• Perform administrative and clerical duties and projects as assigned and needed.
• Regular and reliable attendance.
• All other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED QALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS):
Education & License:
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
Minimum Experience Required:
• Minimum of 2-4 years of work-related experience.
• Proficient computer knowledge and experience in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Visio.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced work environment
• Willingness and ability to acquire knowledge and utilize new software or applications that support Human Resources activities.
• Strong customer service and organizational skills with ability to work independently and prioritize multiple tasks with competing deadlines.
• Ability to maintain confidentially in all aspects of the job.
• Associates or bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field (strongly preferred).
• 2-4 years of experience working in Human Resources, Payroll and/or Benefits.
• Advanced computer/reporting knowledge and experience in MS Office suite.
• Knowledge of laws affecting human resources administration.
Targa Resources is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.