Company: Targa Resources Inc
Skills: Electrical Engineering
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Midland, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Targa Resources is a growth-oriented provider of midstream services and is one of the largest independent midstream energy companies in North America, with assets in Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, North Dakota, Louisiana, California, Washington and Maryland. Targa owns, operates, acquires, and develops a diversified portfolio of complementary midstream energy assets. We encourage your interest in joining our team and pursuing the many opportunities we have at Targa.
Targa is currently seeking an Electrical Engineer for their office in Midland, TX.
• Specifies, evaluates and selects electrical engineered and specialty equipment for operations and major/complex projects.
• Prepares technical bids and/or proposal evaluations and recommendations.
• Evaluates, prepares and analyzes designs of electrical systems including power generation, utility inter-ties, distribution, motor/plant logic, control systems, lighting, emergency power, supplies, grounding, alarm and safety shutdown systems.
• Reviews and/or negotiates utility contracts with outside vendors.
• Provides technical assistance in the form of written reports, consultation, research, electrical system studies, National Electrical Code interpretations, recommendations and utility contracts.
• Prepares highly detailed short circuit, motor starting, voltage drop, load shedding and relay coordination studies as needed to ensure plant reliability and personnel safety.
• Ensures that company standards and strategies comply with the latest industry practices, safety, environmental and process safety management requirements.
• Develops and maintains electrical engineering specifications and facility electrical area classification drawings.
• Investigates plant uses for improved energy conservation.
• Directs work and reviews outside engineering contractors' designs, studies, drawings and material selections to ensure conformance with Targa specifications and standards.
• Investigates and resolves problems associated with new or existing facilities and their electrical design.
• Prepares budgetary and AFE quality cost estimates in addition to technical scopes of work.
• Participates in technical and industry conferences, making presentations when requested.
• Supervises fieldwork and small projects in terms of coordinating activities, monitoring the budget, and ensuring timely and accurate completion of multiple tasks at one time.
Minimum Essential Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university and 3 to 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; sit; use hands to handle or feel items; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. May require frequent off-site day trips and/or overnight travel.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Analytical Skills
• Budgeting Concepts
• Cost Estimates and Management
• Data/Trend Analysis
• Effective Oral and Written Communication
• Formal Presentations
• Knowledge of Contracts, Proposals, Bids
• Knowledge of Electrical Engineered and Specialty Equipment
• Knowledge of Electrical Systems, Specifications and Drawings
• Knowledge of Industry Practices, Safety, Environmental, and Process Safety Management Requirements
• Knowledge of National Electrical Code
• Managerial and Training Skills
• Negotiation Skills
• Problem Analysis/Solving Skills
• Project Management
• Research Information
• Regular and Reliable Attendance
• Control experience
Targa offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package.
To apply please go to http://www.targaresources.com/careers/careers-overview
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
This position is subject to federally mandated drug/alcohol testing.