Targa Resources is a growth-oriented provider of midstream services and is one of the largest independent midstream energy companies in North America, with assets in Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, North Dakota, Louisiana and California. Targa owns, operates, acquires, and develops a diversified portfolio of complementary midstream energy assets. We encourage your interest in joining our team and pursuing the many opportunities we have at Targa.
Targa is currently seeking an Area Engineer for their office in Midland, TX. Job Responsibilities
Minimum Essential Qualifications
- Size and specify equipment and materials to meet design requirements
- Design pipelines, meter stations, compressor stations, pump stations and components within processing facilities
- Model and evaluate gathering systems, including field compression and suggest efficiency and debottlenecking projects
- Possess fundamental knowledge of midstream gas processing and gathering assets and design considerations
- Possess knowledge of codes, standards, and regulations related to midstream business (inclusive of B31.3, B31.8, DOT 192, DOT 195, NFPA, and others as required)
- Communicate effectively with other team members (operations, construction, commercial, etc)
- Proactively seek opportunities to learn and develop and to find solutions for maximizing value to the business unit
- Provide technical support to operations for plant startups and troubleshooting
- Provide timely cost estimating for projects
- Generate AFEs
- Provide project management on assigned capital projects
- Develop treating and process simulations and models and review against operating conditions
- Suggest optimization projects to enhance process recoveries and efficiencies
- Assure all Targa design and construction standards are met and followed
- Assure State, Federal and Targa regulations and policies in Safety and Environmental areas are adhered to within area of responsibility.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- BS degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering from 4-year accredited University.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in either/or natural gas gathering, compression, processing, fractionation, construction or field operations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products to include Word and Excel.
- Ability to interface effectively with all levels within the company as well as organizations outside the company.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Regular and Reliable Attendance
- Ability to lift, push, and pull 50 pounds.
- Ability to work in changing climate conditions and a plant environment.
- Able to work in close quarters: i.e., work while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing, and standing.
- Follow and adhere to all applicable Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) guidelines (ex: eye protection, footwear, Nomex).
- The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- 5-10 years of experience in either/or natural gas gathering, compression, processing, fractionation, construction or field operations.
- Experience with acid gas handling and process equipment.
- Process simulation and pipeline modeling experience with HYSYS, PROMAX, WinSim, WinFlow, Synergee, FlareNet, or similar applications
- Experience with Microsoft Project
- 1+ year of experience in project engineering, project management or related work experience such as internships
Targa offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package. Targa Resources is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply please go to http://www.targaresources.com/careers/careers-overview
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.