Company: Targa Resources Inc
Skills: Financial Audit
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Targa is currently seeking a Staff Internal Auditor for their Tulsa office located in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
The Staff Internal Auditor is responsible for assisting in the completion of internal audits and other special projects to test compliance with company standards, regulatory requirements, and to identify process inefficiencies. Incumbent will collaborate with other members of the Internal Audit team and with management to drive planned projects to completion.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
• Assist in performing responsibilities for assigned audits including planning, testing and work paper documentation
• Prepare clear and concise audit documentation regarding conclusions based upon work performed, including findings and recommendations to management for process improvements
• Participate in communication and presentation to management during and at conclusion of the audit, discussing noted deficiencies and recommended corrective actions
• Participate in assessing adequacy of corrective actions taken by management to improve the identified deficiencies
• Perform SOX management testing, under supervisory direction
• Participate in internal control conversations with auditees to promote awareness of and accountability for adequate and effective controls throughout the organization
• Help identify best practices to promote improved audit methodology and/or design and effectiveness of existing controls
• Participate in special projects, fraud investigations and assessments of efficient and effective utilization of company resources
• Regular and reliable attendance
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED (EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS):
Education & License:
• Bachelor's Degree, Accounting emphasis preferred
• 1 to 3 years
• Effective oral and written communication skills are required as incumbent will interface with other members of Internal Audit, management, external auditors and vendors
• An organized and detail-oriented self-starter with a strong work ethic
• Ability to work self-sufficiently given appropriate direction and resources
• Well-grounded, preferring to work in a collegial and team-oriented environment
• Ability to think critically, solve problems independently and exercise sound judgment
• Intermediate computer skills (Proficiency in MS Office Suite to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
• Ability to travel, domestically, up to 20%
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and/or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
• Work related experience in accounting or audit role (oil and gas sector preferred)
• Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance experience
• Environmental, Health, and Safety (EH&S) experience (oil and gas sector preferred)
• Experience with SharePoint, TeamMate and/or other Internal Audit software
• This description reflects management's assignment of essential job functions, it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned
• This job description is subject to change at any time
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.