Targa Resources (Targa) is a leading provider of midstream natural gas and NGL services in the United States, with a growing presence in crude oil gathering and petroleum terminaling. Targa is engaged in the business of: (1) gathering, compressing, treating, processing and selling natural gas; (2) storing, fractionating, treating, transporting and selling NGLs and NGL products, including services to LPG exporters; (3) gathering, storing and terminaling crude oil; and (4) storing, terminaling and selling refined petroleum products. Our gathering and processing footprint includes more than 24,000 miles of pipeline across multiple shale and resource plays, including the Permian Basin, Eagle Ford Shale, Williston Basin, Barnett Shale, Anadarko Basin, Ardmore Basin, Arkoma Basin, onshore Louisiana and the Gulf of Mexico. Our leading downstream footprint includes the second largest fractionation position in Mont Belvieu, TX and a world class LPG export facility in Galena Park, TX.
Targa is currently seeking a Senior Business Analyst for their office located in Tulsa, OK. Job Responsibilities
Minimum Essential Qualifications
- Maintains Excel-based operating/revenue forecast models for gas gathering and processing facilities in the Southern Field Gathering & Processing business segment. Gather and validate model inputs, expenses, commodity pricing and other information needed for input into the model.
- Prepare monthly operating and gross margin forecasts for management.
- Perform detailed variance analysis for the forecast and prepare variance explanations for multiple stakeholder groups.
- Prepare and maintain monthly capital expenditure forecasts and variance explanations for management review. Work directly with Engineering, Operations and Commercial teams to gather information needed to incorporate changes into the overall capital forecast for the assigned operating area.
- Develop in-depth, working knowledge of all material contracts for the assigned operating area, ensure forecast model reflects latest contract terms and assist with commercial contract valuation as needed.
- Using the forecast model as a template, gather data needed from Operations, Commercial, Optimization, Corporate Planning and other groups to coordinate and prepare the one-year and five-year annual operating budget and associated presentation materials for the assigned operating area.
- Utilize the ERP system to support the forecast and budget processes.
- Assist with preparation of both Commercial and Board presentation materials.
- Prepare ad-hoc and/or operational models and analysis as needed to assist in decision support and review of the assigned operating area.
- Work closely with the Accounting group to collect performance and settlement data for the assigned operating area and identify and resolve potential errors.
- Occasional travel will be required.
- Minimum of 5 years of midstream energy industry experience (gas gathering and processing experience preferred).
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related subject.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver's license to include a safe driving record satisfactory to the company.
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word and SharePoint.
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills are required in order to interface with all affected stakeholder groups.
- Strong work ethic with demonstrated ability to effectively work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work on multiple, concurrent tasks within established deadlines.
- Ability to lift, push, and pull at least a minimum of 25 lbs.
- Regular and Reliable Attendance
- Ability for periodic travel.
- Midstream gathering and processing experience (5 + years)
- Advanced skill and experience with Microsoft Excel (emphasis on economic modeling, analytics, etc. for midstream energy businesses) and PowerPoint.
- SQL Experience
Targa offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package.
Targa Resources is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply please go to
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.