Pecos, Texas, United States
Pecos, Texas, United States
Skills: Secretarial or Administrative
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Pecos, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Targa Resources is a growth-oriented provider of midstream services and is one of the largest independent midstream energy companies in North America, with assets in Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, North Dakota, Louisiana, California, Washington and Maryland. Targa owns, operates, acquires, and develops a diversified portfolio of complementary midstream energy assets. We encourage your interest in joining our team and pursuing the many opportunities we have at Targa.
Targa is currently seeking a Plant Administrator for their new facility.
- Responsible for daily administration functions, including but not limited to, answering telephones, greeting visitors, communication over plant radio and distributing mail.
- Responsible for general correspondence, filing, payroll, procurement and accounts payable.
- Acts as liaison between corporate office and the field office in coordination of matters related to job functions including payroll, accounting and contracts. Will also work with Accounts Payable Department and Supply Chain Management. Will perform trouble shooting tasks and reporting functions necessary.
- Acts as liaison between plant personnel and vendors utilizing the software for procuring materials and services.
- Responsible for the processing and payment of all invoices in a timely and accurate manner in addition to ensuring that the follow up receipt of payment process is completed timely.
- Work within the established structure process for vendor set up and payment by and/or P-card.
- Work on special projects and/or tasks as assigned.
- This position will utilize computer programs for the generation of correspondence reports, chart statistics and flow sheet, and production data collection for report purposes.
- Will participate pro-actively in the Targa safety process.
- Duties will require some lifting (30 lbs.) and bending.
- Will require occasional travel and overnight stay on business trips.
- Perform as an effective staff team member.
Minimum Essential Qualifications
- Ability to prioritize work schedule and function with minimum supervision.
- Must be able to work constructively and professionally in an office environment, including willingness/ability to be accountable for individual job duties assigned.
- Must have High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Strong communication/interpersonal skills with high degree of professionalism.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license.
- Must be proficient in MS office, Excel, Word and applicable computer software.
- Have good problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of accounting principles.
- Capable of documenting processes used to complete routine tasks.
- Ability to lift, push, and pull 30 pounds
- Ability to work in changing climate conditions and a plant environment
- Able to work in close quarters: i.e., work while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing, and standing
- Follow and adhere to all applicable PPE guidelines
- The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms
- Regular and reliable attendance
- 5+ year experience in the industry or knowledge.
- Good computer skills
- Proficient in applicable computer software
Targa offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package. Targa Resources is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply please go to http://www.targaresources.com/careers/careers-overview
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing..