Company: NES Global Talent
Skills: Environmental Engineer
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Salary: $30 - $50 per hour
Location: Santa Ynez, California, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Inspection, basic maintenance and testing of multimedia (air, water and solid) portable
environmental monitoring equipment used in an oil complex including stack monitoring
equipment, PID, FID analyzers, etc., maintaining inventory of spares for these equipment,
record keeping of all related items managed by the environmental team. Environmental
and regulatory technical support.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In addition to the Level 1 tasks and responsibilities, a Level 2:
• Assist Sr. Environment Engineer and Environment Engineers in their activities for
routine environmental monitoring and environmental data collection.
• Any other environment related activities assigned by the Sr. Environment Engineer
and/or Environment Engineer.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Candidates should have 10+ y ears' experience with an oil and gas company in the
SSHE and/or regulatory compliance field, preferably related to a construction or
extractive industry, project or other international construction with environmental,
regulatory, socioeconomic, and/or health aspects.
• Degree in Environmental or Natural Sciences, Natural Resource Management or with
Technical, Science, Environmental Science, Technology (AS or BS) or related discipline, is
preferred but not mandatory and technical field related to SSHE management
• Understand basic industry project construction principles and techniques (up stream
petroleum industry preferred)
• Candidates should have good interpersonal skills, some supervisory/organizational
talents, and proven ability to work in a positive team manner, hardworking attitude /
commitment towards achieving project objective,
• Self-confidence to instruct contractors/project workers regarding regulatory
compliance and Safety, Health Environment and Security (SHE&S) performance/
• Fluent (at a technical level) in the predominant in-country language(s); familiarity with
English is desirable
• Environmental, Regulatory, Safety, Health processes and Government
Affairs/Regulatory Compliance and tool knowledge
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint for reporting; advanced user with Adobe for document management
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.