NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the Oil & Gas industry. Our client, is a global leader in subsea within the Oil & Gas industry, has a permanent opportunity for a Business Development to be based in Houston, TX.
This position is primarily responsible for developing and executing for a department. This role works closely with regional sales, product management, supply chain and more.
- Develop a segment strategy based on clear understanding of customer needs, industry and competitive dynamics. Work with other stakeholders to drive execution. Support overall business strategy processes.
- Develop market rollout plans for new product and service introductions.
- Report and update customer value drivers and contracting philosophy. Analysis of the Production market landscape to include understanding of safety issues, oil & gas industry conditions and identifying leads and opportunities which support our current business as well as strategic initiatives.
- Monitor and evaluate industry and competitor developments, marketing actions, products, position, strengths and weaknesses to anticipate competitor response to BU initiatives. Analyze competitors' global offerings and strategically position the company offerings appropriately to succeed.
- Understanding the company's full product line and cooperating with our operational subject matter experts to design standardized products to fit customer needs and to ensure course delivery.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in engineering, business, or a related degree.
- At least 8 years' operational experience in the production segment preferably with a NA shale operator.
- Demonstrates creative and critical thinking skills
- Ability to assemble and organize multiple sources of intelligence into a clear market assessment.
- Strong business acumen demonstrating ability to define, develop and execute new business opportunities.
- Ability to translate/quantify data and other information and make reliable decisions on viable business prospect identification.
- Well networked in industry circles.
- Ability to directly and effectively engage external customers at all levels.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills to collaborate and influence in a matrix environment (cross-functional, cross-regional, and cross-RBU).
- Professional and positive approach, self-motivated, team player, dynamic, creative and ability to work on own initiative
- Demonstrates strong verbal and written communication skills including the ability to clearly present recommendations and ideas to summarize complex issues
- Strong professionalism and work ethic
- Organizational skills and attention to detail
This is an excellent opportunity to become part of a global leader in subsea within the Oil & Gas industry. The successful applicant will receive a competitive compensation package including matching 401K, PTO, as well as a comprehensive benefits package, and more. For further information regarding this role or to discuss other opportunities contact Ashlee Vann.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.