Sandefjord, Vestfold, Norway
Sandefjord, Vestfold, Norway
Skills: Research & Development, Workover or Completion
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Sandefjord, Vestfold, Norway
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
- Firmware design to support product changes and new development;
- Design and develop embedded firmware for downhole permanent tools
- Design and develop embedded firmware for Interface Systems (subsea / surface)
- Design Tests and Procedures
- Analyze design issues and identify solutions
- Independently evaluate design and execute tests to meet stated requirements
- Create Product Support Documentation
- Participates and facilitates in Design Reviews
- Creation of new Intellectual Property
Skills acquired through the completion of an undergraduate degree in Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering or similar discipline and three years of related experience. Completion of a Masters in Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, or similar discipline is preferred. Must master English orally and in writing to a relatively high level. Some travel must be expected.
- Experience in embedded programming using Linux (kernel and application)
- Experience in C++ coding
- Experience in designing multithreaded and/or multi-process object orientated systems.
- Knowledge of commonly used communication system, interfaces and protocols; Ethernet, TCP/IP, RS485, Modbus
- Experience with configuring embedded Linux operation systems, using Buildroot, Yocto or other tools.
- Bootloader configuration and debugging, JTAG, SWO.Embedded programming knowledge
- Experience with version control system, Git and TFS.
- Knowledge of ARM Cortex architectures desired
- Experience in hardware troubleshooting using logic analyzer, function generator, and oscilloscope desired
- C programming on bare metal desired
- Technical project managment
- Systems Engineering
- Some electronics design knowledge is required.
- Some knowledge of Microsoft .net development.
The position requires that you adhere to the Company's HSE procedures.
In small teams, such as ours, with many parallel activities, it is also imperative that you are flexible and that you can adapt to changing conditions and tasks.
Competitive pension- and insurance scheme
Company health service
Beneficial employee stock-purchase plan
Focus on technology and further development
Highly skilled colleagues in an international environment
Nordre Kullerød 21, 3241 Sandefjord, Norway
Product Service Line:
Completion Tools - Sensors & Electro Mechanical Systems
Hiring Manager: Tom Erik Roberg (+47) 412 20 003
Recruiter: Synnøve Gysland Sunde (+47) 51 83 72 30
Deadline: 15th Februar 2019
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the energy industry. With over 50,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities, and operations in approximately 70 countries, the company serves the upstream oil and gas industry throughout the lifecycle of the reservoir – from locating hydrocarbons and managing geological data, to drilling and formation evaluation, well construction, completion and production optimization. Halliburton's fascinating and proud history reveals a continuous focus on innovation and expansion that began with the company's founder, Erle P. Halliburton. After borrowing a wagon, a team of mules and a pump, he built a wooden mixing box and started an oil well cementing business in Duncan, Oklahoma.
In the 1930s, Halliburton established its first research laboratories where the company tested cement mixes, began offering acidizing services to break down the resistance of limestone formations and increase the production of oil and gas, and performed its first offshore cementing job using a barge-mounted cementing unit at a rig in the Creole Field in the Gulf of Mexico. This was the beginning of what was to become the world's most extensive offshore service.
Halliburton took the initial steps toward becoming a worldwide company in 1926. We sold five cementing units to an English company in Burma, the start of our Eastern Hemisphere operations, and Erle P. Halliburton sent his brothers to open our business in Alberta, Canada. We opened in Venezuela in 1940. By 1946, the company – using its innovative technology – had expanded into Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and the Middle East and began performing services for the Arabian-American Oil Company, the forerunner of Saudi Aramco.
In 1951, Halliburton made its first appearance in Europe as Halliburton Italiana SpA., a wholly owned subsidiary in Italy. In the next seven years, Halliburton launched Halliburton Company Germany GmbH, set up operations in Argentina and established a subsidiary in England.
In 1984, Halliburton provided all of the well completion equipment for the first multiwell platform offshore China. Two years later, Halliburton became the first American company to perform an oilfield service job on the China mainland
The final decade of the 20th century brought more changes and growth to Halliburton. The company opened a branch office in Moscow in 1991.
The company realigned its work into Eastern and Western Hemisphere operations in 2006, and in 2007, divided its service offerings into two divisions: Completion and Production, and Drilling and Evaluation.
Today, Halliburton offers the world's broadest array of products, services and integrated solutions for oil and gas exploration, development and production.
To learn more about career opportunities, please visit www.gohalliburton.com.
Halliburton is an equal opportunity employer.
Halliburton placed 2nd in the 2018 Rigzone Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more.