Skills: Accounting, Commercial Management, Financial Analyst
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The M&A and Commercial Finance group is at the heart of delivering Shell's strategy through the achievement of its aspired asset portfolio and its goal to become a world class investment opportunity that powers progress by providing more and cleaner energy solutions in Shell's Upstream, Integrated Gas, Downstream, New Energies and Trading businesses. M&A provides Finance execution capability for Royal Dutch Shell's mergers/acquisitions and divestments (MA&D), business combinations, JVs and restructurings.
The Americas M&A Team supports these types of complex transactions with focus on the Americas region, including countries such as the US, Argentina, Brazil and Canada. As a Finance Deal Lead for complex M&A transactions, the Senior Manager is accountable as "CFO of the Deal" to the Deal Lead for delivery of the full suite of Finance activities related to the transaction, including Valuation and Deal Structuring to Maximize Value, Due Diligence, Compliance, Corporate Approvals, Negotiation of Finance aspects of the transaction, Risk Assessment and Mitigation, Accounting and Reporting, Tax, Treasury, Investor Relations, Deal Execution, and post-deal Transition and Integration.
Other responsibilities include ensuring effective stakeholder management at all stages of the transaction and selecting, engaging, and managing external advisers on the transaction (investment banks and transaction service providers) where required. The Senior Manager will also be expected to advise and mentor junior Finance Deal Leads and serve on Decision Review Boards that advise on major transactions.
The critical success factors of this team are deep professionalism and external mindset, flexible deployment of well-developed MA&D skills, significant practical experience in transactions, and business intimacy.
This role is suitable for high potential candidates who possess existing MA&D and commercial finance transaction expertise along with the headroom to grow and develop within Shell.
Because of the regional scope of the role, travel can be moderate and language skills are desired.
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world's growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals.
As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business.
Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions.
• A bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or another related area. MBA with Finance emphasis or CFA certification preferred.
• At least 10 years of MA&D experience with increasing responsibility and a track record of closing deals across multiple energy sectors (Upstream, Downstream, LNG, Trading).
• Significant experience in valuation of assets and companies, as well as expertise in evaluating the risks and rewards of various options and transaction structures.
• Strong commercial acumen and influencing skills are essential for representing Shell externally, including negotiating with third parties such as investment banks and counterparties.
• Analytical aptitude and economic and financial modelling experience with the ability to coordinate support across finance (e.g. Tax, Treasury, etc.) to deliver an optimal and comprehensive view of transactions.
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to establish credibility and lead at the relevant level with management inside and outside project teams and an ability to work across functional and business boundaries during full project life cycle.
• Banking/Treasury experience including negotiating Purchase and Sale Agreements, financing terms and agreements with lenders and understanding and able to assess credit quality.
• Ability to frame MA&D options in strategic context and contribute to leadership in this area.
• Being comfortable and capable of professionally representing Shell externally in high pressure situations where deal driven timelines can often be tight.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.