Skills: IT - Analysis & Management
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Doha, Doha, Qatar
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
This is a permanent and residential position based in the NOC Head Office in Doha. A tax free salary and comprehensive benefits package with family status, educational assistance and relocation is on offer for the right candidate.
Scope of Work
This position reports directly to the Head of Petroleum Applications.
Establish and maintain professional business relationships with a designated Business lines. Coordinate IS service requests from the Business to IS. Effectively manage and maintain the applications and systems portfolio for the designated Business line, ensuring services have minimal unplanned downtime and optimal service level. Identify the Business requirements and manage the implementation of effective solutions and improvements in accordance with the Enterprise Architecture positioning IS as a value-adding business partner.
- Be the Business focal contact point for a set of services and independently responsible for effectively managing and maintaining specific applications and systems to ensure optimal service levels through minimalizing unplanned downtime.
- Support, optimize and manage the Petroleum application portfolio for a Business line.
- Collaborate closely with the designated Business line maintaining a high satisfaction level.
- Provide Level 3 Expertise Support for the applications of the designated Business line.
- Liaise with external vendors of the applications.
- Manage consultants performing service improvements and maintenance.
- Manage the contracts and licenses of the applications of the designated Business line.
- Advise end-users, Business focal point and IT colleagues based on technical expertise.
- Create and maintaining up-to-date records of documentation such as interface visuals, service matrix, service catalogue, SOP, etc.
- Manage technical project in the area of expertise.
- Monitor and reporting of service availability, usage and statistics for analysis of requirements and performance.
- Execution of activities in line with Company policies.
- Implement new solutions adapted to the business needs that respect IS quality standards, IS rules and are cost efficient.
- Liaise with IS teams to define architectural design of the new solutions.
- Advise the designated Business in order to follow the IS strategy and maintain a coherent IS environment.
- Engineering Degree in Computer Science, IS or Telecom related fields
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in IS/IT activities
- Strong knowledge on IS domains as network, systems, applications and databases including advanced level knowledge of SQL query and database design.
- 10 years' experience in implementation and maintenance of Petroleum Applications
- 10 years' experience as part of an Oil & Gas organization
- The position is located onshore with possible offshore visits.
- Project management capabilities
- Ability to perform in a highly administrative and structured work discipline.
- Approachable and a team player with a pragmatic attitude and ability to withstand work pressure.
- Ability to multitask and support changes.
- Fluent in English both spoken & written.
- Excellent inter-personal skills.