Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Wood is searching for an Mechanic A with offshore experience in the oil and gas industry.
Work schedule of 14x14 with a work terminal out of Houma, LA
Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
- Operates, tests, maintains, repairs and record keep required data on all safety shutdown systems and devices in accordance with BSEE regulations and approved facility permit safe chart. This includes such devices as control valves, actuators, sensors, pilots, pressures, and temperature or level controllers. In addition, must maintain facility safety equipment, which includes firefighting equipment, emergency supplies, survival capsules, navigational aids, and alarm systems in accordance with BSEE and USCG regulations.
- Operation and maintenance of all rotating equipment such as compressors, generators, platform cranes, pumps, winches, etc. in accordance with the manufacturer's recommendations.
- Monitor control panels, shutdown devices, liquid levels, flow rates, temperatures, etc. to keep them within the designed operating range.
- Repairs and maintains, in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operation manuals, and manufacturer's specifications, machinery and mechanical equipment, such as generators, turbines, engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines and equipment, using hand tools, power tools, and precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Observes mechanical devices in operation and listens to their sounds to locate causes of trouble.
- Maintains documentation (records), as required, on all work performed by loading these records into work management software program.
- Repair and replace seals and properly align shafts in various types of pumps including, but not limited to, centrifugal, water, chemical or crude oil pumps; submersible pumps and injection pumps.
- Check and set mechanical clearances to comply with OEM specified tolerances using dial test indicators, feeler gauges micrometers, calipers, strain gauges, deflection gauge, etc...
- Perform all preventative maintenance in accordance with applicable company procedures.
- Record all maintained data in proper logs or maintenance records.
- Monitor operating parameters on equipment; make adjustments, report unusual conditions to platform supervisor.
- Additional duties per Supervisor.
Required: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); 3-5 years of experience required
Preferred: Associate degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience; 5+ years' experience preferred
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
Wood is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.