Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Skills: Contracts Administration
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Contracts Manager is a member of the Downstream Projects CP team and is responsible for managing the execution of the complete Category Management & Contracting Process (CMCP) including Contract Strategy, Tactics and Contract Management activities for the Downstream projects portfolio with specific focus on the Long Lead equipment procurement contracts as well as other ancillary services contracts (as dictated by the overall project contracting strategy).
These responsibilities include accountability to manage:
- Internal (Shell) stakeholders in development and execution of contract strategies/tactics driving towards value maximization. [Pre-award Phase]
- Internal (Shell) & External (Suppliers) Stakeholders in ensuring delivery of maximum value via each of the awarded contract/commercial deal. [Post-award Phase]
- Develop commercially competitive project sourcing strategies and tactics that meet the Business Demand while taking into account potential implementation of Global Strategies at local/regional level.
- Conduct tenders, evaluate bids & drive negotiations with Suppliers in accordance with the CMCP and CP Projects Expected Practices and Outcomes.
- Ensure delivery & effectively manage contracts while continuously drive value improvement targets.
- Effectively manage contract claims and variations to achieve the best commercial outcome for the project team
- Identify, develop & implement supply chain improvement opportunities.
- Ensure the Contract Strategies and Contract Management Plans support Goal Zero through implementation of robust Contractor Safety in Projects (CSiP), Contractor Safety Management practices, and alignment to Shell's personal and process safety Goal Zero focus areas.
- Implementation of Contractor HSSE practices in close liaison with Contract Managers/Holders and Owners.
- Proactively identify & understand commercial/procurement needs from internal stakeholders and collaboratively propose competitive solutions. This may involve constructively challenging the Business Demand &/or Procurement Practices in order to drive value and efficiency for the organization.
- Brings external market/supplier views and benchmarks into conversation, and provide commercial challenge and guidance in the project.
- Manage Supplier Relationship effectively and collaboratively drive continuous performance improvement via relevant contract key metrics (Eg: HSSE, Operations, Cost). This would involve constructively challenging the Suppliers in terms of the contract delivery and performance as well.
- Ensure strong connect across the wider CP Organization (Eg: Production, Wells, Projects, Operations, LMMM, Centre of Excellence) to ensure continuous cross sharing and leverage of best practices.
- Ensure collaborative ways of working with Global Category Team and Supplier Managers.
- Provides support and guidance to other team members to ensure delivery of results where possible.
- Builds effective working relationships with others and makes a constructive contribution within immediate team.
- Ensure application of the E2E CMCP process, using commercial judgement, common sense and a simplification mind-set, understanding the difference between non-negotiable compliance elements (Safety, E&C, Code of Conduct, Law) and CP operating practices, while always keeping enterprise business value in focus
- Working knowledge of SHARP, SAP, etc.
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In the US, we have operated for over a century and are a major oil and gas producer onshore and in the Gulf of Mexico, a recognized innovator in exploration and production technology, and a leading manufacturer and marketer of fuels, natural gas and petrochemicals. We deliver energy responsibly; operate safely with respect to our neighbours and work to minimize our environmental impact. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future. Because remarkable people achieve remarkable things.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Bachelor degree level (Business/Engineering) or proven experience within Contracting Process.
- Minimum of five (5) years proven experience in contract negotiations & complex tender evaluation required.
- Experience in Construction Projects and/or Construction Contracts is highly preferred.
- Professional CP Qualification (e.g. MCIPS, ISM) is be preferred but not mandatory.
- Good understanding of strategic, technical, legal, finance, taxation and commercial issues.
- Prior Military Experience is encourage to apply.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video