Skills: Electrical Engineering
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Stockton-on-Tees, England, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
WorleyParsons is looking for an Electrical Engineer to join our Oil and Gas project delivery operation based in Stockton for an intial 6 month duration.
You will join the Electrical Department which provides concept, FEED and detailed design services for electrical power systems for onshore and offshore, oil & gas facilities. Engineering personnel are involved in the design, calculation, specification and requisition of electrical equipment and comprehensive analysis of electrical designs to ensure inherently safe systems. Design personnel are generally involved in layout and 3d modelling of electrical equipment and cable management systems, draughting and calculation of lighting, material quantities and weights. Project your skills and expertise will be utilised across a range of domestic and international projects, starting in the bid phase, continuing through to award, start up and execution.
- Execute engineering activities (Concept, Front End Engineering Development, Technical Study & Detail Design).
- Maintain the required technical quality of work.
- Identify scope and schedule changes in accordance with the Change Control Process.
- Ensure that designs comply with relevant Codes, Standards, Regulations and Procedures. Ensure, as far as is practically possible, that all assigned work is carried out in compliance with the agreed budget and schedule.
- Develop awareness of technical developments, National and International standards and legislative requirements related to the discipline scope.
- Maintain good communication with the client.
- Commitment to and promotion of WorleyParsons' values and ensuring the realisation of company and project health, safety, environmental, quality and ethics, systems, policies and procedures.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent in appropriate engineering subject.
- Competent in the use of appropriate codes of practice, standards and relevant sections of statutory documentation.
- Competent in the use of design and assessment methods used within discipline.
- Competent in use of analytical methods used within discipline including theoretical background for analysis programs. - Able to technically direct design personnel within discipline.
- Competent in quality control requirements and quality assurance for engineering work.