Job Description COULD YOU TURN YOUR PASSION INTO YOUR CAREER?
Come and be part of a growing team that is tasked to ensure safe and efficient day-to-day operation of our world class manufacturing assets. Working in our oil refineries and petrochemical plants, a career in Operations at Shell is one right at the front line of the organization's activities. We are looking for highly ambitious and safety-conscious candidates who can fill the position. In an Operations career, you will have the opportunity to progress in an environment that encourages both personal and professional development, and be part of some of the most ground-breaking projects anywhere in the industry.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
- Operating process units within the Production Area in accordance with Standard Operating Plan and Daily Operating Instructions
- Managing plant upsets and abnormal conditions, and subsequent trouble-shooting including incidents/plant emergencies and subsequent follow-up
- Assisting in coordination of daily maintenance planning and participating in shutdown and start-up of units
- Keeping log records of operational activities for optimal and thorough handover to other shifts
- Operating the plant in compliance to Operating Procedures, Standing Instructions and site Health, Safety, Security, Environment procedures and Housekeeping standards
- Participating in minor maintenance activities and other related duties
- On the Job Training is provided
Competitive remuneration and benefits
Training & Development programme, structured progression scheme and vast career opportunities
Equal Opportunity Employer & creating a working culture where every employee can progress and grow
Safe working environment as Safety is our TOP priority Company Description
Shell is one of the largest foreign investors in Singapore and began operations in 1891. Today, we have more than 3,200 employees in Singapore alone. The Pulau Bukom Manufacturing Site today is the largest Shell refinery in the world in terms of crude distillation capacity, which makes Singapore a key regional supply and trading centre for Shell in the East. Singapore is the largest petrochemical production and export centre in the Asia Pacific region. Shell Jurong Island (SJI) manufactures petrochemicals to meet the fast-growing demand for these products in the region. We also have one of the largest single-branded retail networks in Singapore, providing customers with a wide range of quality products and services. When you join Shell in Singapore, you can count on our commitment to help you thrive and propel your career by means of our industry-leading development programme and our available and unrivalled pool of local and global experts. Our numerous global and local skill pools as well as our diversity are key to our success and continuing innovation.Requirements
- NITEC/Higher NITEC in Chemical Process Technology or Diploma in Chemical Engineering / Chemical & Pharmaceutical Engineering / Chemical & Green Technology / Clean Energy / Material Science
- Less than 3 years of relevant experience in chemical processing or oil refining / utilities e.g. steam boilers and Cogeneration for Process Units; or oil movements operational experience in terminals and/or ships
- Must be able to perform 12 hours shift
- Fresh Graduates are welcome to apply as we have a structured In-house training program
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.