Skills: Process Control
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Gladstone Central, Queensland, Australia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Process Control Engineer is a key role in our Shell Midstream LNG Asset based in Gladstone. In this role you will be accountable for both the daily front-line operations support and the long term strategical process control engineering improvements. You will provide technical assistance to the development of asset integrity systems, including but not limited to alarm management and reporting.
Some of the key deliverables and responsibilities of this role are:
- Develop engineering standards and solutions.
- Review and optimize the Process Control narratives.
- Maintain and update Advanced Process Control (APC) applications.
- Run the program for Base Layer Control performance monitoring and tuning.
- Manage the integrity of the LNG plant through active monitoring of the process, ensuring operations remain within the operating and integrity envelopes.
- Ensure compliance of engineering processes to industry and company standards for the LNG plant.
- Ensure proper monitoring and reporting of Asset Integrity Compliance.
- Lead and participate in HAZOP, HAZID, and Safety Case reviews.
- Ensure all control systems software modifications follow the Management of Change (MOC) process.
- Responsible for Support and update of OTS(Training simulator) model.
- Responsible for monitoring and reporting Process Safety and Asset Integrity compliance.
Your interest in working for Shell Australia is the first step towards a great career that focuses on securing an energy future for generations to come. Shell Australia can offer you a platform from which you can propel your career and work on projects as diverse as the game-changing Prelude FLNG, industry-leading QGC project in Queensland, or our range of upstream exploration and development opportunities. Shell has been in Australia since 1901. Today Shell Australia is focused largely in the upstream sector, especially in the exploration, development and production of liquefied natural gas (LNG) and oil.
The candidate we are therefore seeking for this position, will have:
- A recognized tertiary qualification (Bachelor or higher degree) in Chemical or Electrical Engineering.
- Demonstrated experience as a Process Control Engineer.
- Relevant industry experience with demonstrated leadership skills and competencies
- Advanced knowledge of LNG processes, modeling, production optimisation and operational practices.
- Experience in Advanced Process Control (APC).
Your outstanding communication skills and ability to work with others will foster collaboration with core business areas to provide an engineering service that will ensure continuous process improvement and optimisation. Your excellent time management skills, drive for results through motivating others and a solid understanding of the requirements will guarantee your success in this role. If you have these skills, relevant qualifications, competencies related to the petroleum, gas and energy sector, we would love to hear from you.
Aboriginal candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
At Shell we believe that every individual has something valuable to offer. We understand that the more diverse the workforce, the wider the variety of ideas we bring to the table. Shell values diversity and offers: flexible work schedules, work and family programs, health and wellness programs, employee networks and mentoring, plus great training and development
The successful candidate should be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video