Skills: Contracts Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: Europe
We are currently recruiting for a staff opportunity based in London for a Contracts Advisor.
Only those with the Right to Work in the UK should apply. Raeburn do not have the ability to provide visa sponsorship, therefore current valid ability to work in the UK is required.
- Support to business (tender preparation and negotiation, projects execution).
- Contribute to the success of commercial proposals with a distribution of risks and based on terms acceptable to the Company.
- Support the completion of projects within time and budget; contribute to the mitigation of risks and the maximisation of profits resulting from the execution of projects.
- Acting not only as functional expert but also and above all as trusted advisor and business partner across the Company.
- Ensure company's standard contracting rules are adequately applied to all contracts, both with customers and suppliers/subcontractors, always in consideration of the perceived level of risks that each of them involves.
- Acquire a strong knowledge of company's global organisation, services and assets.
- Understanding of LOGIC, FIDIC and incoterms
- Knowledge of the peculiar components of the Company core business, like: - EPC contracts and relevant portions - Platform components, installation and removal - Techniques of pipelines installation - Onshore and Floating Plants - Subsea field - Maritime Works
- Understanding and knowledge of the principles of both common and civil law systems, with particular reference to contract law. Capability to define differences and implications related thereto.
- Knowledge of legal principles, obligations, responsibility related to partnership agreements (Joint Ventures, Consortia, Heads of Agreement, Frame Agreement, Memorandum of Understanding, etc.) where Company or any of its affiliates is involved
- Rigorous and vigilant in the contract preparation assuring that any negotiated modification is implemented and that all the documents forming the contract are correctly assembled.
- Full comprehension of all legal obligations and responsibilities arising out of the contracts entered into by Company, whether with clients or subcontractors and suppliers. Including any ancillary obligation related to bank or parent Company guarantees, performance and warranty bonds and legislation on public works.
- Think through situations from different perspectives and take the appropriate risks and decisions. Be aware and take costs/benefits and organizational implications into consideration.
- Lead and steer actions with full accountability and tenacity to ensure successful outcomes. Set goals and plan the actions needed to meet short and long term targets.
- Understand market dynamics and trends that affect the business. Be focused on the long term business strategy and consequently set priorities and actions.
- Be open to change and continuous improvement, and in fact drive these by energising people to the specific need for modifications to the way things are done.
- Collaborate with peers or teams of different functions and countries to achieve success collectively. Share useful information and build trust by listening to all stakeholders. Be interested in other individuals' perspectives and concerns.
- Search for opportunities to increase and improve own knowhow and competencies. Encourage others to increase their know-how. Curiosity and an orientation for learning are implied.
Established in 1981, Raeburn has more than 34 years’ experience supporting our clients in the UK and international Oil & Gas and Petro-Chemical Industries.
Raeburn is built upon a solid foundation of experience and genuine hands on appreciation of our client’s project and operational developments - from the very first generation of UKCS offshore platforms to onshore refineries, tension leg platforms, pipeline and subsea completions, deep water projects, FPSO developments and de-commissioning projects, Raeburn have effectively supported our clients at all stages of their UKCS and international upstream and downstream projects and operational requirements with qualified and experienced multi-disciplined personnel.
Our combined knowledge of worldwide Oil & Gas & Petro-Chemical projects both onshore and offshore, operations and standards, our unmatched professional technical and commercial recruitment experience, pay-rolling services, access to one of the world’s largest Oil & Gas & Petro-Chemical specific databases, and our proven experience in the fields of international Visa, Work Permits, Payroll and Taxation management, ensures that Raeburn are best placed to support our clients with their recruitment needs, and provide support and advice on industry related matters.
Raeburn are fully committed to supporting our clients with all their recruitment and on-boarding requirements, and have the scalable structure, experience and dedication to provide a high quality, unrivalled and professional services enhancing efficiency and adding value to our clients’ businesses.
Raeburn have an outstanding track record of delivery for the Oil & Gas & Petro-Chemical industry’s major operators, service companies and contractors at all stages of their developments both in the UK and internationally. We are aware of the ever changing recruitment market and the need to ensure we are pro-active in the delivery of recruitment services provided to our clients, specifically in terms of legislation, technology and contractual demands.
Raeburn’s growing success is built upon our knowledge and expertise within the Oil & Gas and Petro-Chemical industries delivering the very highest of standards and reliability in sourcing the very best talent available in the market. Raeburn’s management and our teams of dedicated recruitment professionals are committed entirely to delivery and support for our clients now and in the future.