Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Our client is looking to hire an Offshore Methods Engineer on a staff basis in London.
Due to the nature of the role, only those with the Right to Work in the UK should apply. Raeburn do not have the ability to provide visa sponsorship, therefore current valid ability to work in the UK is required.
Candidates must have experience of working on pipeline installation projects previously.
- Draw up a general engineering schedule as stipulated by the contract to be revised by the Project
- Identify technical problems and make the necessary technical decisions within the limitations imposed by contractual requirements
- Draw up definitions and detailed specifications of tasks and sub-tasks or supervise their drafting by other resources if requested
- Define the materials or services to be purchased for engineering tasks within the allocated resource budget
- Approve all the technical design necessary for the purchase and/or construction of products to be supplied to the Client
- Participate to meetings to examine and, if necessary, audit the technical design, and take part in technical examinations with the Client. Cost and scheduling decisions which influence contractual obligations or other functions must be approved by the Project Engineer (if any) and communicated to the Engineering Manager and Project Manager
- Notify Project Manager of any problems occurring with any other engineering areas
- Perform all the engineering verifications and calculations necessary for the methodology to be implemented
- Supervise and verify the drafting describing the methodology to be implemented
- Summarise and clarify in a manual all methodology activities, clearly identifying the show stoppers (if any.) Transfer inside the manual all useful data derived by analyses performed by others
- Ensure that the operation people on board of the vessel receive all useful data in form of reports, manuals, drawings
- Follow up activities offshore or in any construction place deemed necessary by the project
- All the above activities could be performed with different level of deepness for Project or Bid assistance performance
- Participation to the offshore activities with the role of field engineer, when requested both in the yards and offshore during the vessel operation campaign
- Be responsible to verify equipment and materials
- Experience of decommissioning projects
- Valid offshore certification
- Knowledge and experience on the platform and jacket removals and disposal rather than subsea scopes
Established in 1981, Raeburn has more than 34 years’ experience supporting our clients in the UK and international Oil & Gas and Petro-Chemical Industries.
Raeburn is built upon a solid foundation of experience and genuine hands on appreciation of our client’s project and operational developments - from the very first generation of UKCS offshore platforms to onshore refineries, tension leg platforms, pipeline and subsea completions, deep water projects, FPSO developments and de-commissioning projects, Raeburn have effectively supported our clients at all stages of their UKCS and international upstream and downstream projects and operational requirements with qualified and experienced multi-disciplined personnel.
Our combined knowledge of worldwide Oil & Gas & Petro-Chemical projects both onshore and offshore, operations and standards, our unmatched professional technical and commercial recruitment experience, pay-rolling services, access to one of the world’s largest Oil & Gas & Petro-Chemical specific databases, and our proven experience in the fields of international Visa, Work Permits, Payroll and Taxation management, ensures that Raeburn are best placed to support our clients with their recruitment needs, and provide support and advice on industry related matters.
Raeburn are fully committed to supporting our clients with all their recruitment and on-boarding requirements, and have the scalable structure, experience and dedication to provide a high quality, unrivalled and professional services enhancing efficiency and adding value to our clients’ businesses.
Raeburn have an outstanding track record of delivery for the Oil & Gas & Petro-Chemical industry’s major operators, service companies and contractors at all stages of their developments both in the UK and internationally. We are aware of the ever changing recruitment market and the need to ensure we are pro-active in the delivery of recruitment services provided to our clients, specifically in terms of legislation, technology and contractual demands.
Raeburn’s growing success is built upon our knowledge and expertise within the Oil & Gas and Petro-Chemical industries delivering the very highest of standards and reliability in sourcing the very best talent available in the market. Raeburn’s management and our teams of dedicated recruitment professionals are committed entirely to delivery and support for our clients now and in the future.