Skills: Contracts Administration, Contracts Engineer
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Fort Worth, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Position Overview: Provides administrative oversight for legal contracts and the Legal Department's corporate document administration using company's database management. Also arranges and manages the setup and retrieval of legal documentation in the form of files, maintenance, storage on company's network. Also ensures legal documentation is accurate and complete.
Reports to: Corporate Attorney Directs Reports: None
- Prepares, edits, organizes and sends legal contracts, such as Master Service Agreements, via email or post.
- Reviews proposed agreements to ensure compliance with the organization's requirements.
- Establishes and maintains legal contracts files on company's network.
- On a weekly basis, prepares briefs, tracks contractual requirements and produces required submittals.
- Prepares final contracts for management review and ultimately for sign-off and execution.
- Develops, modifies and implements Legal department Policies and Procedures to ensure compliance with internal contractual requirements.
- Assists with organizing and managing contract documentation for ease of distribution and retrieval.
- Maintains information related to visual lease and spreadsheets containing pertinent details of contracts
- Periodically provides training to company staff/management regarding contract administration requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's degree required in Business, English, Education, Information or Library Science.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, technical procedures, or government regulations.
- Strong reading, writing, and verbal communication skills to interact successfully with legal professionals and senior management.
- Must demonstrate strong computer-filing and file-organizational skills.
- Ability to accurately critique technical writing performed by others by correcting grammar and utilizing proofreading techniques.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Must have prior office-related experience using Microsoft Windows and Office applications, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Normal walking, sitting, standing during course of workday.
- Dexterity for computer keyboarding.
- Vision, hearing and speaking for communications.
Typical working conditions and hazards:
- Common indoor office environment.
- May occasionally attend well site and/or yard locations with oil field odors and hazards.
- This is a non-safety sensitive position. However, essential mental alertness requirements, which include the following, are required to be met as part of the essential job functions and must be met by Basic Energy Services applicants and current employees. To be considered and eligible for hire, each and every applicant and employee must:
- Work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
- Have, display & maintain the ability to perform tasks involving high levels of cognitive function and judgment
- Not be mentally or physically impaired from any cause, that can adversely affect an employee's ability to safely and completely perform the duties of the position
- Have, display & maintain the ability to work in an unfatigued state
- Have, display & maintain the ability to accurately gauge lengths of time and distance
- Have, display & maintain the ability to quickly store and recall instructions in one's short term memory
- Have, display & maintain the ability to concentrate
- Have, display & maintain the ability to cope with sudden changes in surrounding and/or emergency situations and/or alarms
- Have, display & maintain, demonstrated caring, committed and concerned attitude about safety.
If any applicant and/or employee is not able to meet these requirements indefinitely, said applicant and/or employee may not be eligible for employment, re-employment, or promotional opportunities, and may be subject to termination if it is determined that said applicant or employee is determined to be impaired, by following the Company's reasonable suspicion training, and process.
Reach your full potential.
Basic offers interesting and challenging opportunities for dynamic individuals who want to be part of the exciting oilfield services industry. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value and individual contributions of every employee.
- Highly competitive salaries
- Benefits programs
- Performance-based financial rewards
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Environment
At Basic Energy Services, we are committed to being a leader in the oil and gas well servicing industry by:
- Providing services which exceed our customers’ expectations
- Maintaining a work environment that is satisfying to our employees
- Conducting our business in accordance with the highest ethical standards
- Generating a financial return to our shareholders that encourages their continued investment in the Company
We strive to fulfill that commitment by getting the job done right, every time.
That means completing our work efficiently to industry and customer standards without injury to people, damage to property or adverse impact to the environment.
We make Safety an integral part of our Mission and our daily work.
At Basic, our Safety Policy is based on 5 key fundamental elements:
- Our employees are our most valuable assets
- All accidents are preventable
- Our employees’ primary job responsibility is the safe completion of their assigned work
- We enable our employees to fulfill that responsibility by providing the appropriate training, equipment and work environment
- Our employees are granted the authority to slow down or shut down an operation they believe jeopardizes the safety of people, property or the environment