This role involves front line execution of Instrument Maintenance Activities in Bukom Production Unit, executing quality instrumentation jobs safely, timely and within budget. The individual will work together with the Instrument team to implement asset/system maintenance strategy, corrective/predictive maintenance and feedback to engineering assurance for continuous improvement. Instrument Maintenance execution is to ensure asset/system integrity and reliability.
- Guides and trains junior technicians/contract workers in the design, installation and maintenance of instrument equipment and system ensuring work complies with the organization's codes and practices pertaining to use of instrument equipment in hazardous locations (IP Code,-British, European and American Standards) and safe use of instrument equipment in all installations.
- Liaises with respective Production Unit in scheduling and execution jobs, making all necessary arrangements for work such as obtaining of clearances, permits, materials and planning isolation of instrument equipment as per Shell global Game ME process.
- Preparation of job specifications and estimated costs for work involved.
- Draw up and implements programs for the maintenance of instrument equipment and system.
- Set up and provide guidance in practices and methods for dismantling and re-assembly of instrument equipment and takes appropriate action to rectify failures in instrument equipment.
- Investigate instrument equipment and system failures, traces and rectifies faults in instrument equipment and system.
- Ensures that all instrument and system maintenance works and testing are carried out as per registered instrument documents.
- Give priority to HSSE matters, creating a safe and healthy working environment for staff & contractors and ensure maintenance activities comply with HSSE MS, legislative, ISO 9001, ISO14001 and OHSA 18001 requirements
- Carry out any other related duties as required.
Shell is one of the largest foreign investors in Singapore and began operations in 1891. Today, we have more than 3,200 employees in Singapore alone. The Pulau Bukom Manufacturing Site today is the largest Shell refinery in the world in terms of crude distillation capacity, which makes Singapore a key regional supply and trading centre for Shell in the East. Singapore is the largest petrochemical production and export centre in the Asia Pacific region. Shell Jurong Island (SJI) manufactures petrochemicals to meet the fast-growing demand for these products in the region. We also have one of the largest single-branded retail networks in Singapore, providing customers with a wide range of quality products and services. When you join Shell in Singapore, you can count on our commitment to help you thrive and propel your career by means of our industry-leading development programme and our available and unrivalled pool of local and global experts. Our numerous global and local skill pools as well as our diversity are key to our success and continuing innovation.Requirements
- Diploma/NITEC in Electrical or Instrumentation Engineering, or related field
- Minimum 5 years of Instrument experience in the Oil & Gas/Chemical industries
- Strong technical background and good troubleshooting skills
- Able to work independently and yet participate as a member of a multi-discipline team
- Good engagement and communications skills
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.