Skills: Accounting, Financial Analyst
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Financial Planning group is responsible for the consolidation and analysis of financial forecasts, as well as providing financial analysis support to the Chief Executive Officer and members of ExCom. The position will be responsible for developing and maintaining the Hyperion suite of applications at Marathon and require regular interaction with Operations Planning, F&A, IT, and other external organizations. The analyst will need to demonstrate strong communication skills, collaboration across a wide range of organizations within Marathon, a high level of initiative, and the responsibility to achieve corporate goals within aggressive deadlines.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining Planning-related Hyperion applications.
- Work with various organizations to enhance and validate the forecasting functionality and capabilities within Hyperion.
- Coordinate and execute the quarterly Operations forecast process and facilitate updates/enhancements to the G&A forecast process.
- Assist in developing portfolio sensitivities as requested by management.
- Review consolidated forecasts for updates, variance analysis, and financial statement integrity.
- Assist users with forecast submission requests and data integration issues.
- Prepare and deliver Hyperion training.
- Ensure consistency between Hyperion models and assist in model development as necessary.
- Work with support contractors to ensure application stability and availability, as well as the review and execution of application security.
- Work with IT and external organizations to ensure the Marathon Hyperion environment remains current with latest fit for production product updates.
- Analyze and help to design solutions to ensure that Hyperion functionality aligns with business processes.
- Bachelors required; Finance/Accounting/MIS preferred
- MBA is a plus
- At least 5 years.
- Prior experience in forecasting systems, Accounting, and/or Tax is highly desirable. A strong proficiency in Excel, as well as experience with Hyperion and Business Warehouse (BW) a plus.
- Computer Proficiencies
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint required.
- Experience with Spotfire a plus.
- Hyperion and BW experience are preferred.
- Other Skills/Behaviors
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build effective relationships with key stakeholders.
- Exhibits self-motivation to perform to the highest level of excellence and act as a change agent.
- Thrives in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent oil and natural gas exploration and production company based in Houston, Texas. With a material position in four of the best oil-rich U.S. resource plays in different stages of development, we offer a variety of career opportunities, whether you're a recent college graduate or an experienced professional. You'll have the tools to develop and refine the skills and knowledge you need to succeed.
Marathon Oil Company will take the necessary action to ensure that applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or other protected status under applicable employment law.
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.
Posting Notes: || Houston || TX || United States (US) || Not Applicable; SF:DI; SF:GH; SF:LI; SF:MN; SF:RZ || Finance and Accounting || University Recruiting || || 29798 ||
Marathon Oil – Where You Can Make A Difference
Marathon Oil became an independent E&P company on July 1, 2011. Based in Houston, we're focused on the most significant oil-rich resource plays in the U.S. -- the Eagle Ford in Texas, Permian in New Mexico, STACK and SCOOP in Oklahoma, and the Bakken in North Dakota. We also have international operations in Europe and Africa. While we feel like a start-up in many ways, our roots go back 130 years to our company's formation in 1887. Our stock trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol MRO.
We’re on a transformative path, with a variety of exceptional opportunities for people who are up to the challenge. If that’s you – if you’re seeking a challenge and ready to make a difference – you could be the right fit to help drive our future. Our U.S. exploration and development assets offer energy professionals exposure to projects from early-stage evaluation through production. Our producing international assets provide a broader perspective on the world’s energy challenges.
We have more than just opportunity to offer. We’re invested in equipping our people for an entire career – from advancing technical skills through to developing the leadership behaviors and skills that will take our business forward. Our competitive compensation and benefits package goes beyond the basics to include a wellness program, self-funded (with company match) and company-funded retirement plans, flexible hours in some positions and tuition reimbursement. Grow your career with us.
Marathon Oil is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.