Deepwater Gulf of Mexico's (GOM) ambition is to be a world class investment by being the safest, most competitive Deepwater business. The GOM South & West is currently one of largest performance units within RDS with various assets and development projects which are expected to deliver significant free cash per year through 2028 along with exceptional returns and impeccable safety. Assets within the portfolio include TLP assets, several subsea tiebacks, and Non-Operated Ventures.
The Finance Advisor for the Gulf of Mexico (GOM) South & West Performance Units is a critical role embedded within the business to provide financial expertise, business decision support, performance management and constructive challenge to ensure decision makers understand value and risk to deliver exceptional bottom-line results and cash. This portfolio of assets is strategically important assets within RDS's portfolio with exciting growth opportunities and strong financial and safety performance. The Finance Advisor role will cover a variety of activities which will enable continued robust performance. The following are a few of the activities within the remit of Finance Advisors:
- Lead value management in the assets, ensuring priorities and deliverables are linked to value and cash generation. Develop, deploy and maintain useful value tools, and strong, proactive collaboration with Economics & the Production Excellence organization.
- Performance Management: Drive financial and operational performance appraisal for the Performance Units/Assets, focusing on value and risks, as well as on operational drivers such as production availability, safety, and optimal development (break even prices). Drive both performance transparency and support selection of interventions in a cost and capex constrained environment. Maintain alignment and focus on key performance indicators and bottom-line results.
- Participates in portfolio management of the Asset including commercial optimization
- Understand Strategic Intent for the assets in relation to the DW GoM strategic intent. Provide input and challenge to individual Asset Strategies playing an integral role in collaboration with Economics and Development Teams in the urban planning and asset reference planning process to determine the asset strategy and develop long/midterm milestones and short term tactical actions.
- Understanding the competitive landscape (knowing the strengthen, weaknesses, threats and opportunities as it relates to the landscape in which your business operates and work with the business to develop actions to leverage strengths & seize opportunities and mitigate threats and weaknesses)
- Drive and provide input into the business planning and latest estimate process at an Asset/Project/Functional level, with a clear value focus and understanding of lifecycle outlook and link this to the performance targets. Take the lead to ensure delivery of Credible plans and forecasts. Ensure benchmarking is used within the asset to set competitive targets.
- Drive the cost leadership agenda within the asset, utilizing tools such as competitive benchmarking, evergreen OPEX modelling, and risk and value based budgeting, to optimize cost performance.
- Play an active role in shaping the commercial strategies for significant contracts that support the assets.
- Maintain a knowledge of underlying business contracts such as Joint Operating Agreements, Production Handling Agreements, crude/gas sales contracts (take or pay), transportation (gas imbalances), and industry and country specific guidelines and practices with regards to cost recovery, cost allocation, and value creation. Ensure robust contract execution.
- Provide steer in implementing Shell Opportunity Realization Standard and the Global Well Delivery Project & Well Delivery Process. Ensure finance is an integral member of the project/development and asset teams to ensure a robust value deliver focus and proper risk assessment. Provide constructive challenge to ensure transparent performance and risk management throughout execution.
- Build relationships with co-owners and drive negotiations for value creation/risk mitigation.
- Drive risk management within the asset, from the establishment and maintenance of an appropriate control framework, to ensuring a robust risk profile and responses, to ensuring Delegations of Authority are followed.
- Be a champion in building/sustaining a strong Connected Finance to ensure collaboration across the matrix, in particular other Upstream Lines of Business, Projects & Technology, Finance Centers of Excellence (such as Treasury, etc), and Finance Operations to ensure integration, delivery and aligned prioritization of asset initiatives.
- Serve as a connector by working opportunities within and across businesses to unlock new commercial value streams and integrated value.
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In the US, we have operated for over a century and are a major oil and gas producer onshore and in the Gulf of Mexico, a recognized innovator in exploration and production technology, and a leading manufacturer and marketer of fuels, natural gas and petrochemicals. We deliver energy responsibly; operate safely with respect to our neighbours and work to minimize our environmental impact. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future. Because remarkable people achieve remarkable things.Requirements
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Minimum five (5+) years' experience with financial acumen and strong business partnering focus.
- Upstream Oil and Gas experience preferred
- Demonstrates courage to influence and drive forward decisions by understanding key value levers, bringing analytics and insights to the table to focus decisions/plans on delivering additional value and mitigating key risks.
- Able to seek out and understand the competitive landscape and the impact of external trends and competition and use those insights to steer the business to more competitive performance.
- Strong commercial acumen, business partnering and solid accounting fundamentals.
- Proven demonstration of change management behaviors: e.g. building relationships, influencing course of action, flexible thinking, yielding creative solutions, commercial mindset, self-starter, courageous.
- Strong collaboration skills to drive the One Finance mindset across all of finance to ensure integration and seamless finance support to the business.
- Robust people skills to build capabilities across the One Finance family.
- Problem solving mindset with the courage to ensure professional financial rigor is applied to commercial decision-making process and risk management
- Stakeholder engagement and relationship building skills that are used to achieve results by influencing and motivating others
- Ability to effectively distinguish where Finance can make a substantial difference to the business outcomes, based on value and associated risks
- "Bottom line edge" in the performance conversations to achieve the right outcomes for Shell and understanding of end-to-end value chain
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.