Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Part Time Salaried Employee
Location: Anchorage, Alaska, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Roustabout position is a rig crew member whose primary work handles the equipment and supplies that are sent to the rig, and assist the other crew members as needed during the rig move, drilling and completion activities. The duties and responsibilities are prominent in every aspect of drilling the well and manual handling of tubular and tools. The position is responsible for supporting the processes of rigging up/down, drilling, and completing the well.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS will include the following:
Follow the client's daily drilling/lift plans
- Work with the forklift operator to transfer tubulars, tools and other equipment to and from the rig
- Assist during casing and building, or laying down stands operations
- Strap and prepare tubular, tools and equipment prior to transporting to the rig floor
- Inspects equipment that will be used during lifting operations to ensure good working condition
- Maintain communication with the Driller while running casing operations and ensure the pipe tally is being followed properly
- Perform general housekeeping, maintenance and painting within the rig and rig offices
- Assist the Derrick man during operations such as mud mixing, mud product load or unloading to /from the rig, mud pumps repairs, etc.
- Occasionally relieve the Floorhands or assist them during activities such as tripping and drilling
- Assist camp maintenance personnel as needed
- Assist the rig motor hand as needed during rig equipment repairs or maintenance
- Assist in preparation for rig move and rig up operations
- Assist crew in execution of nipple up, nipple down operations
- Enforce, clarify, and follow Company policies, standards, and procedures
- Promote operational excellence through procedural discipline
- Understand execute their assigned roll during a well control event
- Perform additional duties, responsibilities, and special projects as may be directed
POSITION SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to identify and understand functionality of various rig equipment
- Knowledgeable and proficiency in basic rigger's role to ensure safe lifting operations are performed
- Able to identify and understand functionality of various tubular sizes and thread types
- Knowledgeable of mechanical systems and skill at working with hand and power tools
- Ability to learn and demonstrate the following operations:
- Drilling and well operations
- Dropped objects prevention
- Line of fire, zone of exclusion and safe zone operations
- Pipe measurement, number, strapping and tallying of pipes
- Tripping and back reaming
- Running casing and completions
- Must have good verbal communication skills and be able to effectively communicate in English with staff, management, customers and vendors
- Must possess sound reasoning skills, common sense and the ability to follow directions
- Must possess basic mathematical skills (equivalent to a high school education)
- Education, experience, and certifications:
- High School diploma is required
- Must be able to obtain appropriate safety and training certifications
- Previous experience in the oil industry is preferred
This position will be located on the North Slope or other remote areas of the Alaskan Operating Area and is subject to extreme temperatures and environments. Travel to and from the work location may require extended layovers. Potential for exposure to temperature changes, wetness, confined spaces, chemicals, grease and oil are possible. Working with ladder and scaffolds and climbing to heights of 200 feet while carrying tools is possible. Parker Drilling will supply adequate training and equipment to meet the requirements pertaining to the job. Employee must be able to work a minimum of 12 hours per day, 21 days on and 21 days off.
Parker Drilling is a global drilling company providing drilling services, project management and rental tools to the energy industry. Parker’s primary business segment is drilling services with 38 rigs in international locations and 19 rigs in the United States Gulf of Mexico.
The Company’s international rig fleet consists of barge rigs and related operations in the Caspian Sea, Nigeria and Mexico, as well as land rigs and related operations in a total of 15 countries. Parker’s U.S. rig fleet operates in the transition zone of the Gulf of Mexico.
Founded in 1934, the Company moved it headquarters to Houston, Texas from Tulsa, Oklahoma in September 2001. Customers include major, independent and national oil and gas companies. Quail Tools has four U.S. locations where it is a leading provider of specialized rental equipment for drilling and workover operations. Office and yard locations include New Iberia, Louisiana; Victoria and Odessa, Texas; and Evanston, Wyoming.