Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: £150000 per annum
Location: Charleston, West Virginia, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Job Title: Sr. Mechanical Engineer
Location: Charleston, West Virginia
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the Oil, Gas and Chemicals Industry. Our client, a growing Chemical Operator, is seeking a Sr. Mechanical Engineer for a permanent position to be based in Charleston, West Virginia.
Perform engineering duties in planning and designing tools, engines, machines, and other mechanically functioning equipment. Oversee installation, operation, maintenance, and repair of equipment such as petrochemical and oil and gas.
- Serve as a member of cross-functional team to resolve equipment problems, investigate incidents and improve reliability
- Read and interpret technical drawings, schematics, or computer-generated reports.
- Assist drafters in developing the structural design of products using drafting tools or computer-assisted design (CAD) or drafting equipment and software.
- Research, design, evaluate, install, operate, and maintain mechanical products, equipment, systems and processes to meet requirements, applying knowledge of engineering principles.
- Confer with engineers or other personnel to implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, or provide technical information.
- Perform functions and duties in a manner that protects personal safety as well as the safety of all personnel on site
- Promptly report all safety, health or environmental incidents or issues
- Monitor operating performance of rotating equipment to ensure availability is maximized, performance is up to expected levels and cost of operations, repair and ownership is minimized.
- Provide technical and field support to Operations and Maintenance departments for mechanical equipment.
- Recommend design modifications to eliminate machine or system malfunctions.
- Conduct research that tests or analyzes the feasibility, design, operation, or performance of equipment, components, or systems.
- Investigate equipment failures and difficulties to diagnose faulty operation, and to make recommendations to maintenance crew.
- Develop and maintain reliability improvement/tracking programs for critical assets for mechanical equipment.
- Develop and test models of alternate designs and processing methods to assess feasibility, operating condition effects, possible new applications and necessity of modification.
- Assist in root cause failure analysis on critical equipment failures.
- Perform component failure analysis as required.
- Witness repairs to equipment and serve as a coordinator on critical equipment repairs as needed.
- Initiate capital projects to maintain/enhance business goals.
- Participate on capital project teams and provide assistance in development of specifications and supporting detail design efforts.
- Review project design packages for proper design regarding reliability, application and maintenance.
- Assist in the development and monitoring of the preventative maintenance program.
- Develop, review and maintain equipment specifications as related to purchasing, installation, operation, and maintenance/repairs
- Develop and implement alterations and revisions to equipment to improve business performance of the operating units.
- Provide various reports as needed.
- Present a professional image at all times to clients and vendors and maintain a positive reputation of the company.
- Follow all relevant company policies and procedures.
- Assists other Departments and other administrative personnel as necessary.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree Mechanical Engineering or equivalent required
- Minimum Ten (10) years of experience in petrochemical and oil and gas industry working in operating facility
- Experience working in methanol plant preferred or similar technologies in ammonia, syngas, fertilizer, etc.
- Experience supervising contractors and subcontractors is a plus
This is an excellent opportunity to become part of a growing Chemical Operator who is driving forward increasingly specialized and innovative solutions. The successful applicant will receive a competitive compensation package as well as comprehensive benefits, paid time off, and more. For further information regarding this role or to discuss other opportunities contact Mishu Ullah.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.