Skills: HSE Manager / Advisor
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: Europe
WorleyParsons is currently looking for an HSSE Advisor working offshore on a 2/2 rotation for an intial 8 month duration.
Reporting directly to the Operations HSE Manager the Offshore HSE Advisor is responsible for the co-ordination and provision of day-to-day and medium-term Health, Safety and Environmental support to operated assets.Job Summary:
It Involves the following fundamental responsibilities:
- Providing guidance and advice to enable the Offshore Installation Manager to remain compliant with all legislation regarding Health, Safety & Environment;
- Engaging the offshore workforce to ensure ConocoPhillips safety expectations & SPIRIT values are lived out;
- Ensuring incidents and events are accurately recorded and investigated and associated actions tracked through to closure;
The Offshore HSE Advisor is expected to have a working knowledge across all facets of Health, Safety & Environmental issues and provide support to the Offshore Installation Managers to ensure regulatory compliance and improve HSE performance.
Based offshore this position requires flexibility for onshore working or secondment in line with operational requirements.
- Ensuring company procedures are in place and maintained to allow all relevant legislation to be complied with;
- Ensure consistent application of policies and procedures across operated assets;
- Demonstrate active safety leadership at the work face, build trust with workforce and understand how work is done
- Providing HSE expertise in Risk Assessments, HAZID's HAZOP's, Readiness Reviews;
- Knowledge of process plant hazards at both an individual and plant level;
- Lead Offshore delivery and training for HSE Programmes including: Learning Organisation, Personal Safety Involvement, Life Saving Rules, Safety Focus Days, Management Safety Reviews and ER Planning;
- Monitoring quality and accuracy of incident investigations, actions and close out, reviewing asset HSE performance, identifying trends and proposing solutions;
- Participate in Tier 1 & Tier 2 audits and liaise with the Assurance Team to ensure delivery of the audit programmes;
- Liaise with Environmental and Occupational Hygiene Advisors to ensure all elements of relevant legislation are complied with.
- Proactive support to the platform management team and offshore safety representatives;
- Offshore Focal Point for Corporate & Regulatory Inspections
- Takes Accountability
- Drives Performance
- Makes Decisions
- Communicates Effectively
- Partners Collaboratively
Leading the Business:
- Thinks Strategically
- NEBOSH Diploma / BOHS DipOH / or equivalents (Preferable)
- NEBOSH NGC / BOHS CertOH / or equivalents
- Membership of recognised body IOSH / BOHS / RoSPA
Career path must show vast experience in HSSE roles including a broad offshore operational experience across production, marine, FPSO's, drilling & well operations and decommissioning.
To be Successful
The Offshore HSE Advisor will have a clear understanding across our operations activities, how the HSE function delivers effective support to the platform management and the drive to ensure long term exceptional H&S performance is achieved.