Other Skills: Prefers candidate with experience in all types of rigs, with Electronic Drilling System (EDS) and Nabors experience.
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Rotational Salaried Employee
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Driller is responsible for the deployment and guidance of the Nabors rig crew and the use of the rig equipment, in accordance with Nabors Rig Management System (RMS) so as to safely and efficiently conduct the Operator's drilling program.
· To demonstrate and promote safety leadership and to ensure that the crew works in the safest possible manner
· To lead and direct the crew in fulfilling their designated duties
· To plan and conduct Nabors rig-floor and related activities so as to meet the highest applicable standard of international oilfield practice
· To monitor and adjust the drilling parameters and take those necessary actions so as to optimize the drilling process and safeguard the integrity of the well
· To work constructively with the Operator's representative and with third party service companies so as to contribute to collaborative working relationships at the rig site
· To take immediate remedial action in the event of an incipient or actual emergency or incident
· To advise the Rig Manager and Operator's representative of any issues as appropriate
· Personally responsible for own safety and conducting ones self to the standards of Nabors Policies and Procedures
· Promote and promulgate Nabors safety program
· Apply Nabors safety policies and practices in rig operations and act as a role model to other crew members in all safety matters
· Conduct and record Tool Box Talks for the rig crew and achieve the participation and contribution of crew members
· Play a full part in rig safety meetings
· Conduct safety inspections of rig equipment and hold training drills as directed by Rig Manager
· Contribute to New Employee Safety Inductions
· Ensure that all activities, including those of third party contractors, are conducted using safe working practices and using the designated Personal Protection Equipment (PPE
· Plan the tourly operations and conduct pre-job briefings or J.S.A.'s for the crew on activities
· Operate the rig equipment within its designed parameters in a manner to optimize the drilling process and associated activities
· Conduct visual, and where possible functional, inspections of equipment both prior to use and at periodic intervals
· Supervise the Assistant Driller and Derrickman in control and recording of mud properties
Þ Recording & Reporting
The Driller is responsible for keeping accurate and complete records as required and detailed in the RMS. These include:
· Keep accurate BHA Worksheet records of the drill string including details of equipment run in-hole
· Accurately complete the IADC tour sheet
· Keep records of Tool Box Safety Talks
· Ensure that the rig crew conduct and record their assigned tasks in the rig Planned Maintenance System (PMS)
· Complete records of any Incident, Injury, Illness or Near Miss involving rig crew members
· Keep records and charts of BOP pressure tests and of function tests
· Provide recommendations to the Rig Manager for improved procedures
· Report any unforeseen or unusual events to the Rig Manager or Operator's representative as appropriate
Ensure understanding of, and compliance with, Nabors permit to work system
Today, Nabors owns and operates the world’s largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a leading provider of offshore platform workover and drilling rigs in the United States and numerous international markets. With operations in 28 countries, Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools and innovative technologies throughout many of the most significant oil and gas markets. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors’ highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
As of April 16, 2018, Nabors’ assets include:
- 407 land drilling rigs
- 31 offshore platform rigs
Nabors is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.