Skills: Process Control
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Richmond, California, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Advanced Process Control Engineer located in Richmond , CA California /United States.
High Level Job Description/Scope:
- Serves as a specialist in designing, implementing, and maintaining multivariable control applications (DMCplus) and the applications that support the multivariable control applications (inferred properties, et al).
- Responsible for tuning of control loops, support of Honeywell TDC-3000 distributed control systems (DCS), and assistance in training console operators.
- Implements and maintains multivariable process control applications that are consistent with short-term and long-term refinery operating plans.
- Provides daily process control support for console operators.
- Identifies and resolves control performance issues by coordinating with colleagues in other areas of specialization (instrumentation, analyzers, process, mechanical equipment, etc.)
- Identifies and captures opportunities for improving the safety, reliability, operability and profitability of the operating area through process control improvements.
- Trains refinery personnel on the effective use of process control applications and systems.
- Acts as a mentor/resource for refinery process and control engineers. Influences and improves work processes for a global refining technical system.
- Demonstrates knowledge of operating area interactions with the rest of the refinery and helps troubleshoot process problems in the operating area and refinery.
- Maintains and grows process control skills by attending onsite and offsite training.
- Reports to the Process Control Team Leader within the refinery.
- Willing to train candidate with process knowledge in multivariable control, DCS, and basic control theory.
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering plus a minimum of 4 years of Process Engineering or Process Control Engineering experience in refining, petrochemical, or chemical industry; or Master's degree in Chemical, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering plus a minimum of 2 years of Process Engineering or Process Control Engineering experience in refining, petrochemical, or chemical industry; or a Ph.D. in Chemical, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering
- Demonstrated proficiency in implementing multivariable controllers and online optimizers.
- Demonstrated expertise in refining process technologies - complex distillation, hydroprocessing, reforming, FCC, Blending and Shipping, etc.
- Technical capability in data analytics technologies a plus.
Relocation may be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position
CRITICAL SELECTION CRITERIA:
1. Technical Skills: Demonstrated knowledge of refinery or petrochemical process is critical. Specific skills include: demonstrated proficiency in implementing multivariable controllers or online optimizers,
2. Communications: Proven ability to communicate in a clear, concise manner both orally and in writing. Able to communicate technical ideas to a wide range of groups within the refinery, including Operations, Maintenance, Technical, Planning and non-technical staff.
3. Leadership: Demonstrated ability to originate, facilitate, and champion and deploy new ideas that support manufacturing objectives of efficiency, reliability and safety.
4. Project Management and prioritization: Demonstrated ability to prioritize and work on multiple initiatives, identify issues and escalate as appropriate.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.