Company: NES Global, LLC
Skills: IT - Networking & Telecom
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Saint James, New York, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Responsibilities of Position
• Address and own all incoming IT-related questions, incidents, requests and ensure appropriate, timely and efficient processing based on Service Desk procedures and documented best practices in order to optimize the state of the IT infrastructure and maintain the quality of IT services.
• Ensure up-to-date inventory and administration of IT hardware assets and software licenses using the designated tools and based on Configuration Management procedures.
• Ensure the appropriate application of security procedures in the area of access management, user account management, and permissions assignment based on applicable security procedures.
• Ensure ongoing provision of user instruction, training, documentation and communication in cooperation with the other IT functions, to contribute to the leveraged and proper use of IT systems as well as the awareness of IT policies.
• Safeguard the appropriate operational availability and proper functioning of IT services based on (where applicable) documented Service Level Agreements, in order to achieve continuous business value and business process stability.
• Ensure proper representation of the corporate IT team towards the location management, as well as with all other parts of the local organization and vice versa, to understand and address needs form the business
• Register, prioritize, categorize, evaluate, follow up, and escalate where needed and evaluate all incoming incidents, access- or service requests, questions or complaints, in the designated ticket registration tool and continuously monitor and communicate (where needed) status the user and/or organization.
• Order, jointly with local purchasing resources and within budget and approved standards, hardware, software, accessories and services. Maintain operational contact with vendors.
• Maintain information on hardware assets, configurations and services in the Configuration Management database.
• Process requests for granting/revoking user access, authorizations, and adding/deleting user accounts. Report and follow up on security events, like unauthorized access attempts, virus and malware infections; Manage configuration on encryption and certificate based concepts.
• Support and manage local infrastructure and associated configuration according to defined standards (e.g. mobile phones, PCs, tablets, local servers, phone switch, active LAN components, monitors, TVs, camera's, imaging and printing devices)
• Maintain localized and up-to-date documentation and training material for all IT systems. Provide instruction and training for users, coordinate external training or provide in-person group based or individual instruction
• Maintain overview of Location's critical systems and actively provide suggestions to IT management to improve stability, operational readiness and availability of IT systems
• Ensure proper housekeeping of IT closets, switch cabinets, offices and/or computer rooms.
• Actively create and share best practices on tasks with other team members.
• Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully; develop alternative solutions.
Required Knowledge & Skills of Position
-Understand CISCO hardware, CISCO call manager/video conferencing required
-Windows Server 2012 required
-Windows 7 and Windows 10 required
-Office 365 required
-Fluent with point-to-point devices required
-HP & Dell hardware required
-Experience with Infor preferred
-Windows Active Directory required
-Windows DFS required
-Experience with Sharepoint preferred
-Experience with AutoCAD preferred
-MS One Drive required
-Proficiency in MS Office required
-Excellent problem-solving skills
-Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written
-Basic project management skills
-Ability to work as a team, as well as independently
-Ability to prioritize tasks and time
-Ability to meet deadlines
-Ability to take direction
-Ability to handle stress
-Ability to troubleshoot networking issues
Position is 50% office environment; 50% plant environment.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.