Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Transocean is focused on being the employer of choice for the drilling industry.
We are challenging ourselves every day to push the performance of the company through technological advances and passion for our work.
REPORTS TO : Manager of Subsidiary Reporting
DEPARTMENT : Financial Reporting
LOCATION : Houston
BASIC FUNCTION : Prepare and distribute audited and unaudited subsidiary financial statements. Coordinate the annual audits of these subsidiaries, as required, function as liaison with external auditors and other departments and, responding to questions and furnishing information upon request.
- Prepare and distribute audited and unaudited subsidiary financial statements, including footnotes as required, in conformity with accounting principles generally accepted in the U.S. Prepare supporting documentation, ensuring that proper format is used, supporting schedules are prepared and all workpapers are properly documented.
- Prepare consolidating trial balances (income statement and balance sheet) for subsidiaries to be used in the preparation of consolidated, consolidating, combined or standalone subsidiary financial statements.
- Propose and prepare topside adjusting journal entries necessary for a fair presentation of the financial statements.
- Prepare the statement of cash flows with supporting workpapers for all required subsidiary financial statements.
- Coordinate the annual audits of subsidiaries, as required, and function as liaison with external auditors and other departments, responding to questions and furnishing information upon request.
- Prepare audit schedules requests and assign responsibilities to other internal and external department personnel as necessary.
- Assist in the review of balance sheet account analyses for various consolidation and purchase accounting sets of books for proper preparation and posting of journal vouchers.
- Keep abreast of organizational and operational changes and assist in identifying future activities that will require consolidation/elimination journal entries.
- Obtain an understanding of the complex corporate structure and relationships between affiliates.
- Prepare and/or review as necessary assigned schedules for internal reporting purposes.
- Provide assistance to the Manager of Subsidiary Reporting as needed in the preparation of reporting packages and other supporting workpapers.
- Assist with other projects as requested.
EDUCATION: Bachelor degree with a major in Accounting or Finance; CPA preferred.
- A minimum of 4 years professional experience with an emphasis on general ledger accounting and financial reporting preferred.
- Experience with multi-level consolidations, preparation of financial statements and footnotes in accordance with U.S. GAAP, preparation of supporting workpaper documentation and public accounting is a plus.
- Proficiency with spreadsheets, word processing, operating systems, database and communications software programs effectively.
- Exposure to general ledger accounting in large multi-company organizations.
- Good oral and written communications; possess strong organizational skills, a high level of self-integrity, ingenuity and initiative (self-starter).
- The ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment and flexibility to work hours needed to meet deadlines.
- Ability to delegate and work effectively with others in a team environment.
- Must be able to recognize problems and offer solutions.
- Possess high level of analytical skills with ability to interpret results.
- Ability to determine priorities and work on multiple projects simultaneously while managing time effectively.
- Develop more efficient and effective ways of working with information and analysis.
- Ability to identify and solve problems.
- Determine priority of assignments.
If you want to push yourself to great achievement, let Transocean develop your career.
DO YOU need a challenge? An opportunity for professional growth? Looking for a company where your knowledge and expertise are appreciated? Then, keep reading:
Since the search for hydrocarbon reserves in offshore locations began over 50 years ago, Transocean has consistently met the changing needs of the world's oil and gas exploration and production companies with sound vision and problem-solving solutions to offshore drilling impediments.
The company's fleet, the most modern in the offshore drilling industry, is currently dispersed throughout all of the major global drilling markets, including significant positions in the U.S. Gulf of Mexico, North Sea, Brazil, West Africa and Asia. The company possesses unmatched experience in deepwater and ultra-deepwater drilling, having drilled more deepwater wells than all competitors combined. In the harsh environment drilling realm.
If you think you can meet the challenges posed by such a progressive innovative company, please take a look at our latest job openings listed below or visit our website
Our hiring process does not include unsolicited offers of employment or require payment. Learn more at http://www.deepwater.com/career-center/fraud-alert