Skills: Subsea Engineer
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Offshore Maintenance Group
Transocean is focused on being the employer of choice for the drilling industry.
We are challenging ourselves every day to push the performance of the company through technological advances and passion for our work.
Supervise the maintenance and repair of all subsea BOP and riser systems, Multiplex electro-hydraulic control systems, and all associated surface equipment and systems
REPORTING: Reports to the Maintenance Supervisor/Senior Maintenance Supervisor or Senior Subsea Supervisor
SUPERVISION: Assistant Subsea Supervisor and Subsea Trainee
PREREQUISITES / QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Work experience and demonstrated ability of oral and written communication may be substituted in lieu of formal education
- Minimum of one year experience working with a Multiplex system
- Valid medical examination and vaccination certificates
- Knowledge of all technical calculations required for the subsea operation of the drilling unit and basic computer skills
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain the Blow Out Preventer (BOP), Diverter, and associated subsea equipment in accordance with the Rig Maintenance System (RMS) guidelines
- Operate and pressure test the BOP on the surface and on the seabed as required
- Direct the deck and drill crews in the running and recovery of the BOP and Marine Riser equipment
- Direct the assembly, installation, and nippling down of the BOP and all well control equipment as required
- Operate, maintain and repair the subsea BOP control system, i.e. surface BOP or multiplex electro-hydraulic control systems
- Operate, maintain and test hydraulic connectors. Maintain BOP handling equipment, testing equipment and wellhead equipment
- Operate and service the bridge cranes and related hoisting equipment. Ensure that the drill string compensator is serviced as required
- Ensure that the riser pipe system is serviced and tested as required. Operate and maintain the diverter system and the running and handling tools
- Assist in running/testing the wellhead, casing hangers and seal assemblies. Operate and maintain wellhead running/retrieval test tools
- Ensure that the required riser tensioning pressure is set to comply with the mud weight in use. Monitor and maintain the riser guideline and pod line tensioners
- Maintain accurate daily log sheets relevant to the subsea equipment.
- Maintain records of BOP and associated equipment tests
- Maintain records of inspection and certification of subsea equipment
- Ensure that an adequate supply of spares is maintained to fulfill maintenance requirements and facilitate a safe and efficient operation
- Maintain records of ton-miles on wire ropes. Slip and cut according to the agreed program
- Ensure that Supervisor is informed of any issues relating to the subsea equipment that may affect the safe and efficient running of operations
- Ensure that the permit to work system is in place and followed
- Liaise with the marine department prior to moving the BOP and marine riser package in consideration of the rig's stability
- Assist in supplying information for maintenance and repair budget
- Assist in communicating equipment problems or breakdown with Field Support group and equipment vendor
- Participate in THINK and START
- Ensure subordinate personnel are properly trained to perform START observations and monitoring
- Call a Time Out for Safety (TOFS) whenever an unplanned hazard or a change in the expected results is observed
- Demonstrate commitment to Company safety policies through leadership and guidance
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements for environmental protection
- Actively participate in weekly safety meetings and pre-tour meetings as required
- Report any incidents, potential hazards or abnormal situations to the Supervisor and other department heads
- Ensure that a high standard of hygiene and housekeeping is maintained onboard the rig
- Meet the training requirements according to the applicable training matrix
- Participate fully in the annual performance appraisal process
- Mentor, develop and train crew members to ensure that they are competent to work at their next job level
- Ensure that all subordinates have the necessary skills and experience to fulfill their assigned tasks in a safe and efficient manner
- Recommend promotion or disciplinary action up to and including discharge
- Maintain discipline onboard and ensure compliance with Company disciplinary procedures
High School Diploma or Equivalent
Rig Based Position Experience
If you want to push yourself to great achievement, let Transocean develop your career.
No matter where in the world Transocean people are working, we are all pioneers at heart. We don’t shrink from challenges. They inspire us. Which is why we’ve been a company of firsts since our inception. Although we come from different countries, cultures and backgrounds, we’re united by our shared pursuit of excellence. We value the different perspectives represented throughout our organization, recognizing that our people are our most valuable asset.
In today’s competitive environment, when Transocean has asked our employees to embrace a performance culture that requires us to constantly seek improvement no matter how productive we are, our team has risen to the occasion. And in fact, they are changing the way we operate. If you are motivated by a work environment that consistently challenges you, one where you can have an impact that is felt on every rig and on the bottom lines of both Transocean and our customers, we encourage you to browse our available positions below and at www.deepwater.com/our-people
Transocean has received reports of unauthorized individuals falsely advertising or promising job opportunities and supporting their claims with forged documents. These individuals ask for money to cover processing fees, visas, work permits, etc. Transocean's hiring process does not include unsolicited offers of employment or require payment. We will only contact you if you have applied for employment through our website at: www.deepwater.com, or had contact with one of our local recruiting or field offices. We also have received reports of unauthorized solicitations of business or vendor quotes, which may request pricing and other commercial details. Please do not respond to any requests unless you can verify the origin of the request. Transocean communicates with its vendors using a vendor portal or direct communication with a designated Transocean representative known by vendors. Transocean will never ask you to send banking information by email. If you suspect fraud, we would encourage you to report such activity to your local police authorities.