Skills: HR - General, HR - Recruitment
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Transocean is focused on being the employer of choice for the drilling industry.
We are challenging ourselves every day to push the performance of the company through technological advances and passion for our work.
The primary focus for the first 6 months in position will be to improve upon and implement a full leave administration process. Following the implementation of the leave process, the Supervisor will continue to supervise the HR Support Center, identifying areas for increased operational efficiencies while providing guidance and oversight to Support Center personnel.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES :
Supervise HR Support Center personnel and processes to ensure efficient operations for the organization. Must be willing to not only lead, but also conduct all HR Support Center duties well as additional duties and responsibilities that may arise. General duties of the HR Support Center include: Pre-employment and periodical medical processing, new hire onboarding/processing, offboarding, and general employee support. The main focus of this role will be to serve as the subject matter expert for all leave (FMLA, STD, LTD, etc.) matters and provide guidance and direction to the leave administrator.
- Assigns and reviews work; provides day-to-day direction, guidance and training to HR Support Center staff.
- Manages staff workload for optimum efficiency and productivity.
- Responsible for maintaining steady workflow and productivity.
- Meeting service/productivity standards; resolve operational problems and address conflicts.
- Ensure that work is performed consistently and within the framework of Company policies and procedures.
- The HR Supervisor provides input into hiring, performance, and rewards decisions with the assistance of team leaders or senior-level individual contributor employees; primarily supervises the work of others; and schedules work for optimum efficiency and productivity.
- This position may manage specific elements or a portion of a budget.
Global Leave Administration - the Supervisor will lead the below duties of the leave administrator:
- Serve as the subject matter expert for the leave program in alignment and under the general direction and guidance of HR leadership and the legal department.
- Interpret and administer leave programs and policies in accordance with the applicable federal and state employment laws (FMLA, ADA, USERRA, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, etc.).
- Provide extensive case management and coordinate administrative aspects of the cases and claims.
- Responsible for communication with the employee and company medical advisor regarding leaves.
- Manage all administrative aspects of leave cases to include tracking hours used/taken and work closely with Payroll to ensure that pay for employees is accurate and correct.
- Work closely with employees to ensure that all relevant completed medical documentation is submitted for timely review. Maintain appropriate contact with all employees on leave and coordinate all aspects of return to work for employees on leave.
EDUCATION: BS degree in related field of study or equivalent experience required. PHR or SHRM certification.
- 5 - 8 years of professional experience in human resources. 2+ years supervisory experience.
- 3 - 5 years of experience in leave administration (FMLA, medical leave, personal leave, short term disability) required.
- Workday experience strongly preferred.
- Professional attitude promoting the core values of the company.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including active listening and customer service.
- Excellent computer skills to include Microsoft Office environment and HRIS programs.
- Strong knowledge of government regulations related to Human Resources issues, and company policies and procedures.
- Use of logical analysis. Must think through and solve problems step by step; looking beyond the obvious solution to a problem and digging deeper for the best solution.
- Strength in identifying and setting priorities.
- Ability to excel under demanding time constraints with the ability to handle multi-tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work with highly sensitive information and maintain strict confidentiality.
- Job requires employee to communicate well with people at different job levels and frequently sharing information with others while listening to and understanding other points of view.
- Ability to actively listen and objectively interpret data and information required.
If you want to push yourself to great achievement, let Transocean develop your career.
No matter where in the world Transocean people are working, we are all pioneers at heart. We don’t shrink from challenges. They inspire us. Which is why we’ve been a company of firsts since our inception. Although we come from different countries, cultures and backgrounds, we’re united by our shared pursuit of excellence. We value the different perspectives represented throughout our organization, recognizing that our people are our most valuable asset.
In today’s competitive environment, when Transocean has asked our employees to embrace a performance culture that requires us to constantly seek improvement no matter how productive we are, our team has risen to the occasion. And in fact, they are changing the way we operate. If you are motivated by a work environment that consistently challenges you, one where you can have an impact that is felt on every rig and on the bottom lines of both Transocean and our customers, we encourage you to browse our available positions below and at www.deepwater.com/our-people
Transocean has received reports of unauthorized individuals falsely advertising or promising job opportunities and supporting their claims with forged documents. These individuals ask for money to cover processing fees, visas, work permits, etc. Transocean's hiring process does not include unsolicited offers of employment or require payment. We will only contact you if you have applied for employment through our website at: www.deepwater.com, or had contact with one of our local recruiting or field offices. We also have received reports of unauthorized solicitations of business or vendor quotes, which may request pricing and other commercial details. Please do not respond to any requests unless you can verify the origin of the request. Transocean communicates with its vendors using a vendor portal or direct communication with a designated Transocean representative known by vendors. Transocean will never ask you to send banking information by email. If you suspect fraud, we would encourage you to report such activity to your local police authorities.