Skills: Financial Analyst, HR - General, Payroll
Experience: 6 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Transocean is focused on being the employer of choice for the drilling industry.
We are challenging ourselves every day to push the performance of the company through technological advances and passion for our work.
- Oversee and administer all broad-based compensation programs, including (but not limited to) base and incentive pay structures.
- Evaluate competitive compensation practices and develop program recommendations that align with Transocean's compensation philosophy, strategic goals, and comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Assist in the preparation of materials required for meetings of the Compensation Committee of the Board of Directors. Also assist with compiling information and data on executive compensation for inclusion in annual proxy statements and other required documentation.
- Act as liaison with various internal and external resources (including legal, corporate finance/accounting, payroll, tax, benefits, etc.) to ensure that all actions, plans and programs comply with internal corporate governance guidelines and external regulatory requirements.
- Maintain job evaluation and compensation benchmarking process for all positions, globally.
- Develop global wage growth recommendations
- Coordinate the annual merit, short-term and long-term incentive recommendation process.
- Oversee equity administration; including but not limited to, recordkeeping, reconciliation of the company's stock-based long-term incentive program, and coordination with Finance, Tax and Payroll Departments to ensure accurate and timely data reporting for both domestic and international equity transactions
- Manage relationship with internal/external audit on quarterly and annual audits and Sarbanes-Oxley testing. Responsible for documentation of compensation processes and providing oversight of SOX process controls. In addition, evaluates processes for streamlining and efficiency improvement.
- Additional duties as assigned
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Human Resources or equivalent experience required
- 6+ years of experience in compensation at a publicly traded, global organization
- Ability to interpret and understand legal/plan documents, regulations and government legislation
- Proven ability to partner with cross-functional teams, including Legal, Tax, Payroll, Accounting, Audit, Financial Reporting and Human Resources
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work independently as well as a team player
- Proven track record of applying critical thinking skills and discipline to deliver complete and accurate results
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in organizing and analyzing data into actionable recommendations and conclusions for presentation in a clear, concise, and easily understandable manner
- Strong project management skills with the ability to develop and deliver within project timelines
- Exceptionally resourceful and detail-oriented with demonstrated integrity with the ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, results-driven environment
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Knowledge of SEC filings preferred
If you want to push yourself to great achievement, let Transocean develop your career.
No matter where in the world Transocean people are working, we are all pioneers at heart. We don’t shrink from challenges. They inspire us. Which is why we’ve been a company of firsts since our inception. Although we come from different countries, cultures and backgrounds, we’re united by our shared pursuit of excellence. We value the different perspectives represented throughout our organization, recognizing that our people are our most valuable asset.
In today’s competitive environment, when Transocean has asked our employees to embrace a performance culture that requires us to constantly seek improvement no matter how productive we are, our team has risen to the occasion. And in fact, they are changing the way we operate. If you are motivated by a work environment that consistently challenges you, one where you can have an impact that is felt on every rig and on the bottom lines of both Transocean and our customers, we encourage you to browse our available positions below and at www.deepwater.com/our-people
Transocean has received reports of unauthorized individuals falsely advertising or promising job opportunities and supporting their claims with forged documents. These individuals ask for money to cover processing fees, visas, work permits, etc. Transocean's hiring process does not include unsolicited offers of employment or require payment. We will only contact you if you have applied for employment through our website at: www.deepwater.com, or had contact with one of our local recruiting or field offices. We also have received reports of unauthorized solicitations of business or vendor quotes, which may request pricing and other commercial details. Please do not respond to any requests unless you can verify the origin of the request. Transocean communicates with its vendors using a vendor portal or direct communication with a designated Transocean representative known by vendors. Transocean will never ask you to send banking information by email. If you suspect fraud, we would encourage you to report such activity to your local police authorities.