Skills: HR - Recruitment
Experience: 12 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Human Resources Group
Transocean is focused on being the employer of choice for the drilling industry.
We are challenging ourselves every day to push the performance of the company through technological advances and passion for our work.
Responsible for the recruitment of offshore operations for global positions. Generate new sourcing pools of candidates through creative means including new technology approaches. Serve as a lead, mentor and resource to other recruiters in the team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and execute a program to attract qualified offshore personnel for our company's global needs.
- Applies all Company policies and practices with regards to the recruitment, interview and hiring processes, and ensures new hires are handled in accordance with Company Shared Values and Equal Employment practices.
- Sources and identifies highly qualified candidates to staff open position requirements on operational rigs, within talent pools and onshore functions.
- Continues to seek new and innovative methods of recruiting to ensure a selection of highly qualified candidates.
- Screens all candidates for qualifications, interest level, compensation, relocation needs, and availability, etc.
- Interviews candidates using competency based behavioral interview techniques to ensure candidate matches all specifications of the position including organizational fit and job fit.
- Maintains necessary documentation for assigned requisitions.
- Utilizes the Human Resources Management system according to defined process.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with hiring managers to stay abreast of current and future department trends and business initiatives that could impact hiring needs.
- Provides transfer of recruitment knowledge to team members with less experience.
- Refers short-listed candidates to hiring manager; makes recommendations regarding hiring of candidates and participates in all stages of the selection process.
- Educates candidates on the total value proposition of the company including the company's benefits, career development opportunity, and variable pay structure.
- Coordinates recruitment advertisement and internal communications as required.
- Attends Career and Job Fairs as needed to produce qualified candidates.
- Coordinates nationalization recruitment campaigns as required.
- Aides in establishing and maintaining the recruiting policies.
- Carries out other duties and projects as required.
- Travel to the rigs to understand staffing requirements and partner with rig-based leadership to provide support and a positive working environment.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resource Management, Business or related field. Experience can be substituted for education.
- Applicable HR Certification preferred.
- Must maintain applicable credentials to travel offshore (BOSIET, T-HUET, TWIC, Rig Pass)
- 12-15 plus years of experience in the Recruitment and Staffing function at a consultancy and/or Multi National Company required.
- Be able to lead a team of recruiters
- Broad knowledge of human resources principles, practices, and procedures.
- Relevant offshore recruitment experience in oil/gas industries is required.
- Must be familiar with behavioral/competency-based interviewing techniques and selection assessment tools.
- Highly process-driven with a developed network in the oil/gas industry.
- Industry and technical understanding of job specifications to the extent required to accurately assess candidates' qualifications.
- The ability to recruit for remote, multi-site, and multi-national locations in accordance with Transocean's guidelines regarding employee class, global mobility assistance, and tax support.
- Principles, practices and procedures of human resources administration associated with employment, compensation and classification.
- Operating standard office equipment and using MS Office applications to produce correspondence, reports, electronic communication, spreadsheets, etc.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Organizational skills and meticulous attention to details.Creative thinking and writing proficiency.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to build strong and productive personal relationships at all levels of the organization, including Operations and Rig Managers.
- Ability to work under stress, prioritize and complete a high volume of work, managing multiple projects and coordinating multiple requests to successful completion.
- Build and maintain a vast network of professional relationships over a long period of time.
- Demonstrate ability to maintain strict confidentiality and judgment sufficient to handle sensitive employment issues.
- Demonstrate leadership within the team.
- Enthusiasm and engagement with teams.
- Ability to influence hiring decisions based on information gained during the recruitment process.
- Ability to generate new and creative sourcing pools of candidates and means to attract candidates to the Company.
If you want to push yourself to great achievement, let Transocean develop your career.
DO YOU need a challenge? An opportunity for professional growth? Looking for a company where your knowledge and expertise are appreciated? Then, keep reading:
Since the search for hydrocarbon reserves in offshore locations began over 50 years ago, Transocean has consistently met the changing needs of the world's oil and gas exploration and production companies with sound vision and problem-solving solutions to offshore drilling impediments.
The company's fleet, the most modern in the offshore drilling industry, is currently dispersed throughout all of the major global drilling markets, including significant positions in the U.S. Gulf of Mexico, North Sea, Brazil, West Africa and Asia. The company possesses unmatched experience in deepwater and ultra-deepwater drilling, having drilled more deepwater wells than all competitors combined. In the harsh environment drilling realm.
If you think you can meet the challenges posed by such a progressive innovative company, please take a look at our latest job openings listed below or visit our website
Our hiring process does not include unsolicited offers of employment or require payment. Learn more at http://www.deepwater.com/career-center/fraud-alert