Skills: Accounting, Financial Audit, Process Management
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Transocean is focused on being the employer of choice for the drilling industry.
We are challenging ourselves every day to push the performance of the company through technological advances and passion for our work.
Under direct supervision, performs limited internal audit procedures. This position is designed to facilitate learning and development of basic internal audit skills. Personnel in this position are also exposed to overall Company organization, and operating entities and practices for development purposes. Reports to a Supervisor or Manager. Typically requires a bachelor's degree and 0-2 years of experience in discipline.
Under the direction of the Engagement Lead, the Auditor will conduct the following three project phases in support of the department objectives: 1) Planning, 2) Fieldwork, and 3) Reporting. The role of the Auditor in each of these phases is described below.
Planning: The Auditor is responsible for completing various aspects related to planning for the engagement. The Engagement Lead will assign the areas that the Auditor will be responsible for completing. In general, Auditors must be capable of completing the following items:
- Generating and analyzing data from Company software and databases related to the entity being reviewed.
- Conducting interviews with various Company personnel relevant to the area the Auditor is reviewing.
- Use data gathered and interviews conducted to prepare supporting work papers that will need to be presented to the Engagement Lead as part of the formal planning process.
- Performing any steps of the review engagement that may be conducted prior to the beginning of fieldwork.
Fieldwork: The Auditor is responsible for performing various audit program sections as assigned by the Engagement Lead.
- Review engagements generally have a written work program that outlines the steps and areas to be reviewed by the Auditor. Auditors should ensure that these programs are completed in a timely and thorough manner.
- Completion of the work program will entail working closely with the client to gather, discuss, and analyze relevant information to the area under review.
- Document with work papers the steps performed in the work program. Work papers must be of sufficient quality to be reviewed by external auditors.
- Participate in closing meeting with the client and other team members.
Reporting: The Auditor is responsible for assisting the Engagement Lead in report drafting and review where required.
- Assist in drafting audit issues and general reporting requirements depending on the audit engagement.
- Review and thoroughly discuss issue memorandum with the client and Engagement Lead.
Additional Responsibilities : Participate in advisory engagements to identify processes in need of improvement and participate in improving those processes.
This may involve working with personnel from other departments as a team to:
- Map current business processes.
- Measure business processes through various metrics and identify gaps.
- Analyze metrics and gaps for improvement opportunities.
- Present improvement methods to Senior Management.
Participate in redesign of business processes.
The Auditor may participate in other projects not specifically identified above in support of the Department's role of ensuring a strong internal control environment and maintaining effective and efficient business processes.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or other related fields. Advanced degree or certification is a plus.
Experience: Preference for internal or external auditing experience with companies engaged in business lines similar to those of the Company. Exposure to an international environment and the travel associated with a multi-national company is preferred.
Certification: CPA or equivalent designation is preferred for personnel with an accounting or finance background.
Travel: The ability to travel up to 25% of the time internationally to often challenging venues is a must.
Writing: Must be capable of writing and presenting information to the Company's Senior Management.
Ingenuity: Must be capable of working with limited direct supervision and should be further capable of sorting through complex issues with a high degree of professional skepticism.
Decision-Making: Demonstrate the capacity for effective decisions and drawing sound conclusions regarding Company processes and procedures.
Interpersonal Skills: Must be able to work with all levels of personnel and management in a professional manner.
If you want to push yourself to great achievement, let Transocean develop your career.
No matter where in the world Transocean people are working, we are all pioneers at heart. We don’t shrink from challenges. They inspire us. Which is why we’ve been a company of firsts since our inception. Although we come from different countries, cultures and backgrounds, we’re united by our shared pursuit of excellence. We value the different perspectives represented throughout our organization, recognizing that our people are our most valuable asset.
In today’s competitive environment, when Transocean has asked our employees to embrace a performance culture that requires us to constantly seek improvement no matter how productive we are, our team has risen to the occasion. And in fact, they are changing the way we operate. If you are motivated by a work environment that consistently challenges you, one where you can have an impact that is felt on every rig and on the bottom lines of both Transocean and our customers, we encourage you to browse our available positions below and at www.deepwater.com/our-people
Transocean has received reports of unauthorized individuals falsely advertising or promising job opportunities and supporting their claims with forged documents. These individuals ask for money to cover processing fees, visas, work permits, etc. Transocean's hiring process does not include unsolicited offers of employment or require payment. We will only contact you if you have applied for employment through our website at: www.deepwater.com, or had contact with one of our local recruiting or field offices. We also have received reports of unauthorized solicitations of business or vendor quotes, which may request pricing and other commercial details. Please do not respond to any requests unless you can verify the origin of the request. Transocean communicates with its vendors using a vendor portal or direct communication with a designated Transocean representative known by vendors. Transocean will never ask you to send banking information by email. If you suspect fraud, we would encourage you to report such activity to your local police authorities.