Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Transocean is focused on being the employer of choice for the drilling industry.
We are challenging ourselves every day to push the performance of the company through technological advances and passion for our work.
Apply the principles of accounting in order to prepare timely, accurate financial records in compliance with the company's policies and procedures and related internal controls.
- Reconcile and analyze balance sheet accounts for assigned companies.
- Prepare bank reconciliation of Houston controlled accounts.
- Prepare analysis on assigned subject matter.
- Prepare sub ledger reconciliations.
- Adhere to the month end close checklist to ensure all procedures are fully completed.
- Prepare schedules for the financial reporting group as assigned.
- Complete special projects as assigned on a timely basis.
- Prepare audit schedules as directed.
- Prepare Ad Hoc requests from multiple departments within the company.
- Obtain an understanding of company structures and organizational relationship of companies within regions and assigned companies.
- Ensure timely and accurate recording of all relevant accounting entries, with supporting documentation as required.
- Bachelor's Degree with major in Accounting or Finance required.
- 3-5 years general ledger accounting and reconciliation experience required.
- Proficiency in spreadsheets and word processing.
- Strong knowledge of general ledger accounting and reconciliation with analytical skills and attention to detail.
- The job requires employee to work with others as a team and think through and solve problems step by step.
- Good communication skills are required, both written and verbal.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment and flexibility to work hours needed to meet deadlines.
- Incumbent uses his or her own initiative and resourcefulness to meet deadlines.
- The job requires the ability to recognize problems and bring to the attention of others along with the ability to determine the priority of assignments.
If you want to push yourself to great achievement, let Transocean develop your career.
DO YOU need a challenge? An opportunity for professional growth? Looking for a company where your knowledge and expertise are appreciated? Then, keep reading:
Since the search for hydrocarbon reserves in offshore locations began over 50 years ago, Transocean has consistently met the changing needs of the world's oil and gas exploration and production companies with sound vision and problem-solving solutions to offshore drilling impediments.
The company's fleet, the most modern in the offshore drilling industry, is currently dispersed throughout all of the major global drilling markets, including significant positions in the U.S. Gulf of Mexico, North Sea, Brazil, West Africa and Asia. The company possesses unmatched experience in deepwater and ultra-deepwater drilling, having drilled more deepwater wells than all competitors combined. In the harsh environment drilling realm.
If you think you can meet the challenges posed by such a progressive innovative company, please take a look at our latest job openings listed below or visit our website
Our hiring process does not include unsolicited offers of employment or require payment. Learn more at http://www.deepwater.com/career-center/fraud-alert