Midland, Texas, United States
Midland, Texas, United States
Skills: Business Development
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Midland, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Business Development is responsible for building Strike's market position by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing business relationships within an assigned territory or region.
Primary Job Functions:
- Identifies trendsetter ideas by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements; tracking individual contributors and their accomplishments.
- Locates or proposes potential business deals by contacting potential partners; discovering and exploring opportunities.
- Screens potential business deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, potential, and financials; evaluating options; resolving internal priorities; recommending equity investments.
- Develops negotiating strategies and positions by studying integration of new venture with company strategies and operations; examining risks and potentials; estimating partners' needs and goals.
- Closes new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts; integrating contract requirements with business operations.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Minimum 3+ years of business development experience within the Pipeline and Facilities construction industry.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing or related field preferred.
- Proven and demonstrated skills in the area of closing, prospecting, sales planning, selling to customer needs, territory management and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of the market with established industry relationships
- Documented success in meeting sales goals.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency of Microsoft products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and CRM. Familiarity with SharePoint. .
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously and work well under pressure.
- Accuracy, timeliness, tact, problem-solving skills, and ability to work effectively with customers, managers, vendors and Strike employees.
- Respect for confidentiality concerning customer information and company records.
- Regularly required to sit, talk and hear.
- Frequently required to reach with hands and arms to grasp.
- Frequently required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Complies with Company policies and procedures.
- Performs job safely with respect to others, property and to individual safety.
- Works effectively with others in the Company to encourage teamwork and productivity.
- Eligible to work in the United States.
Strike is an Equal Opportunity Employer.