Job Description Purpose:
Finance Advisors serve as the face of Finance for specific business opportunities or challenges, on a selective basis, prioritized based on value and risk. They are responsible for the satisfactory delivery of finance capability required to support a set of clearly defined business outcomes on the project/transaction involved, which will be delivered by Business Finance, Centers of Expertise and/or Finance Operations.Accountabilities:
- Ensure that Finance risks are integrated into the full value and risk discussion supporting the business decision making for the specific opportunity involved.
- Support the implementation of a robust Business Control Framework and related performance management framework for the specific opportunity involved.
- Work on various opportunities across multiple activities/assets and are not dedicated to a specific activity or asset. The work they perform will change over time and be prioritized based on value and risk, and professional development.
- Will work with the business or functional lines as the voice of Finance on specific projects/transactions.
- Intervene where other parts of Finance are not delivering to support business outcomes, to ensure the problem is solved leaving ownership where is should sit.
- Shell Lubricants is the #1 global lubricant supplier.
- Product Portfolio: Passenger Car Motor Oil, Heavy Duty Engine Oil, Greases, Hydraulic Fluids, Transmission Fluids, Antifreeze.
- Success in this role requires excellent interpersonal skills with various levels of stakeholders in the Lubricants and Finance organizations.
- Ability to establish credibility quickly and integrate as part of business teams.
- Central player in structuring commercial deals requiring development of market knowledge and strong commercial acumen.
- Ability to engage with and influence multiple stakeholders (Sales, Marketing, Supply, Credit, Legal, Retail Operations, Sales Support) with an Enterprise First mindset to drive Shell's bottom line.
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world's growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals.
As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business.
Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions.Requirements
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics required.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of experience in finance / business / marketing or related field.
- Broad finance knowledge and expertise with strong financial analytic, diagnostic and economic valuation skills required.
- Able to gain the confidence of various internal and external parties building on strong knowledge and understanding of the business drivers, value and risk.
- Flexibility and agility to deploy the appropriate finance skills to address the specific and varying business needs across the pool they work in, leveraging a matrix organization (FO/CoE/Business).
- Problem solving mindset with the courage to ensure professional financial rigor is applied to commercial decision-making process and risk management bringing analytics and insights to the table.
- Ability to apply a risk-based, practical approach to problem solving, coupled with the ability to rationalize decisions with significant uncertainty and incomplete info.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.