Skills: Business Analyst
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Saudi Arabia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Req Number: 16855BR
The Strategic Planning Department is one of four departments in Strategy & Market Analysis and its main objective is to lead the annual strategy development and long term planning process, including the development of the strategic investment profile. The department's role includes providing strategy perspective and support to major corporate decisions and on-going strategic topics. It also leads analytical work and coordinates with the business and service lines regarding progress and performance of strategy implementation.
This strategic role supports Saudi Aramco decision-making at the executive level through facilitation and management of critical reporting, review, and other performance related efforts by translating longer-term strategies into tangible actions. Strategic Performance Consultant will lead the Strategic Transformation Office.
• Bachelor's degree in Economics, Business Administration, Financial Management or closely related discipline; advanced degree is highly desirable.
• Must have steadily advanced his/her professional competence in areas of expertise through personal study, relevant and expanding work experiences, seminars, professional contacts and extension courses.
• Must have strong project management, problem solving, and change management skills.
• Must have a deep understanding of the latest Oil and Gas, Chemicals and Energy industry trends, developments, strategies and technologies.
• Must have a proven ability to quickly build and maintain positive, effective networks with internal and external stakeholders of all organizational levels.
• Must have a proven ability to develop a positive, effective and collaborative rapport with corporate management, co-workers, and stakeholders using tact and diplomacy.
• Must have demonstrative ability to effectively coach and mentor multi-national junior staff.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Acts as the "Corporate Advisor" for strategic performance management related issues, providing relevant insight and advice to the CEO, other members of Corporate Management, and the corporate planning organization.
• Provides advice and guidance on the development of the company's strategic performance management framework and measurement system; leading the development, deployment and management of an integrated system.
• Develops and cultivates key matrix relationships to advance strategic performance initiatives in order to ensure the company is actively, effectively and dynamically managing to achieve our strategies.
• Prepares for, facilitates, and follows strategy and initiative portfolio review meetings, including the Annual Strategy Refresh.
• Builds and maintains strong relationships with consultancies, industry experts, and best-in-class companies, keeping abreast of key developments in the strategic performance management space and other arenas that could impact the company's competitive performance.
• Benchmarks the company's strategic performance and related processes, practices and technologies against relevant energy companies in the region and around the world.
• Must have the proven ability and courage to effectively challenge conventional thinking, and influence others to do the same.
• Must be a master of Enterprise Performance Management practices and processes, and be comfortable leading and facilitating the implementation of new practices.
• Broad and deep understanding of the oil and gas industry.
• Must have exceptional analytical abilities.
• Demonstrable ability to utilize information developed by an intelligence function to materially and positively impact company performance on a sustained basis.
• Decisive Thinker/Advisor: Able to distill the essence of an issue to two or three critical points. Understands how to engage and support senior executive decision making, building credibility to achieve trusted advisor status.
• Communications Skills: Speaks effectively in large groups and able to make clear presentations and arguments, writes high quality reports and briefs.
• Networking: Extrovert personality with strong cognitive skills allowing for building wide integral and eternal networks across multiple functions.
• Adaptability: Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and changing business environments.
• Performs special assignments of a highly complex nature significantly impacting Saudi Aramco. Determines how projects can be divided into manageable pieces and follows through with specialized and expert assistance, advice and guidance to achieve a successful conclusion.
• Originates, develops and recommends the implementation of new planning and analytical concepts and techniques in order to achieve better overall results in management and controls.
• Acts as the Company's foremost expert in his sphere of planning and analytical expertise.
As an integrated, global petroleum enterprise with operations in Saudi Arabia, Europe, the United States and the Far East, Saudi Aramco is one of the cornerstones of the world's energy supply. Saudi Aramco has a proud legacy of accomplishment in the oil and gas industry. In recent years, the Company has been creating downstream joint and equity ventures, both in Saudi Arabia and in China, and is exploring additional opportunities in refining and petrochemicals. Projects such as these, combined with Saudi Aramco's stature - both as a corporation and as a corporate citizen - in the Kingdom and wherever the Company does business, make for a challenging and rewarding work environment for the personnel of the Finance business line.