Our client is looking for a Senior Maintenance Engineer (Electrical or Instrumental) for a contract position, located in Aberdeen.
- The role will include providing technical input into ensuring reliability of equipment, within area of responsibility is maintained including input into RAM, Criticality and FMECA studies, within a team environmenT
- Interrogation of existing client maintenance strategies and procedures, Written Schemes of Examination and Job Routines, and extraction of relevant data for incorporation into new Master maintenance strategies.
- Assist in establishing and updating maintenance strategies including recognition of aging and obsolete equipment.
- Review and approve amendments to equipment relevant to your discipline, operational procedures, including, isolation standards, system and equipment testing, run to failure (RTF) etc.
- Ensure that the condition and operation of equipment is in line with overall procedures, regulations, any unit-specific procedures and client Performance Standards.
- Develop common equipment maintenance and inspection strategies and practices (relevant to your discipline), to ensure sharing of best practice across all projects.
- Provide input to discipline relevant equipment studies such as HAZID / HAZOP, RBI and design reviews, to ensure legislative compliance and safety of personnel and equipment.
- Participate in the preparation and evaluation of technical bids and tenders.
- Attend reliability workshops and provide input as discipline authority.
- Minimum of 10 years proven experience in oil & gas industry as Electrical or Instrumentation Discipline Engineer.
- Appropriate degree or equivalent technical qualification in related subject e.g. Electrical or Instrumentation Engineering/Reliability Engineering (Discipline bias).
- Fully familiar with FMEA (failure mode effects analysis), RCA (root cause analysis), RCM (reliability centred maintenance) and RBI (risk based inspection) practices.
- Understanding and knowledge of oil and gas international / national codes, standards of practise and legislation including knowledge of international standards such as RBI and ASME / API.
- Ability to converse comfortably at a technical level with peer engineers.
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent computer literacy in Microsoft packages and familiarity with the software based maintenance systems, i.e. SAP, MAXIMO.
- Knowledge of equipment reliability engineering, commissioning and pre-commissioning.
- Experience of using project management tools to ensure jobs are delivered to client standards.
- Previous experience of training graduate engineers.