Skills: Construction Manager, Construction Superintendent
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
WorleyParsons are looking for a Construction Coordinator to join our Aberdeen office for a duration fo 8 months. You will join our Construction Management Team of highly experienced and competent construction personnel who manage and facilitate construction teams, materials, tools, plant and equipment. We execute established 'best practice' construction working practices, procedures and systems, supporting safe and effective execution of Brownfield and Asset Management projects both onshore and offshore. The Construction function responsibilities include; input into design ensuring implementation of construction best practice and development of optimum, sequenced build philosophies in support of schedule and cost reduction Management and execution of offshore hook up of new facilities and extensive offshore modification work scopes (Brownfield). In addition, the provision of construction management services globally, to manage third party construction and fabrication facilities on behalf of clients. Your skills and expertise will be utilised across a range of domestic and international projects, starting in the bid phase, continuing through to award, start up and execution.
- Subcontractor management specifically relating to insulation
- To study and assess the relevant drawings, specifications and instruction or functional area of responsibility
- To verify that the drawings and specifications provide adequate instructions for the work and advise the Construction Manager and/or Project Manager of any deficiencies or clarification needed
- To review, in cooperation with the Construction Manager and/or Project Manager, and agree the overall site programme for his area of responsibility including sub contractors' Programmes To identify any problem areas in the programmes, discuss with the Project Construction Manager and/or Project Manager and agree a solution
- To be fully familiar with the sub-contractors methods of construction, programming and procedures and to resolve any apparent conflicts
- To ensure that WorleyParsons Construction and Subcontractors programmes are produced and monitored in accordance with the requirements of the contract
- To coordinate and report on a weekly and monthly basis on all progress matters and problem areas
- To ensure that company systems for material identification and stores requisitioning are adhered to by all those under his control
- Commitment to and promotion of WorleyParsons values and ensuring the realisation of company and project health, safety, environmental, quality and ethics, systems, policies and procedures.
- Minimum HNC in a related Engineering subject
- Recognised O&G discipline background
- Fully conversant with Project Management Systems with extensive knowledge of Project Hook Up/Construction/Commissioning practices and procedures
- Demonstrable experience in similar role or senior position in onshore/offshore Construction Projects
- Delivery focused with proven experience in achieving project goals whilst maintaining high standards in HSEQ at all times
- Extensive knowledge of the construction process, its implementation and management. Fully conversant with project management tools
- Experienced in the production of detailed procedures/documents /reports - Extensive knowledge of O&G related HSEQ safe working practices/procedures