Skills: Emergency Response, Fire Protection
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Pascagoula, Mississippi, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Emergency Services Area Team Leader located in Pascagoula, MS through (insert posting close date) at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
The Emergency Services Area Team Leader position resides in the Health, Environmental, Safety, and Emergency Services Department for the Pascagoula, Mississippi Refinery. The Emergency Services Area Team Leader is responsible for security, oil spill & fire protection, including planning & maintenance of large inventory of equipment; Supervisor of Fire Chief, Facility Security Officer, Marine Response Coordinator, & Administrative Assistant. Provides oversight of volunteer Emergency Response Team (ERT) & Marine Response Team (MRT); Maintains the Emergency Response Plan / Facility Response Plan / Facility Security Plan & training, liaison with Refinery Leadership Team, & serves as Incident Commander. Ensures continual improvement with Operational Excellence (OE) & integrated with Business Planning to steward the Business Continuity process. Must communicate well, both to Chevron & regulatory agencies. Effective contractor management is essential. This is a second level supervisor position leading a diverse workgroup of approximately 20 exempt and non-exempt employees.
- Minimum of 5 - 7 years experience in a Complex Processing Facility.
- Supervisor experience as a Team Leader.
- Proven experience in leading teams. Ability to balance and prioritize demands.
- Role model experienced in mentoring others to successful outcomes.
- Strong working knowledge and experience in emergency response management and the Incident Command System (ICS).
- Proven team player, able to work effectively with cross-functional groups and site leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to foster cooperation and collaboration across all work areas.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience effectively communicating with diverse groups including regulatory agencies and management.
- Demonstrated ability to properly manage operating expense and capital expense budgets.
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline
- CSOC Certification
- Leadership - Proven experience in leading teams. Ability to balance and prioritize demands. Maintain a strategic vision, attain resources & facilitate progress. Experience in coaching, mentoring, performance shaping and development of organizational capability. Ability to effectively influence beyond function. Ensures accountability to drive business performance, budgets, and excellence in compliance.
- Technical Expertise - Strong working knowledge and experience in emergency response management and the Incident Command System (ICS); knowledge of security processes and the Maritime Security Transportation Act (MTSA) and requirements of 33 CFR 105.
- Communication - Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and experience effectively communicating with internal, community, industry & government organizations. Able to communicate across wide range of non-exempt & exempt employees. Prepare fit for purpose and effective written work and presentations.
- Decision Making Skills - Proactively seeks solutions to problems and accepts accountability to find solutions. Learns from positive and negative outcomes and incorporates best practices from others.
Relocation may be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: Hattiesburg
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.